Quickly synchronize any folder on your computer to the Dropbox account, with a few mouse clicks, without copying it to the Dropbox directory
Boxifier is a small, yet reliable program, that enables you to easily synchronize any folder on your computer with your Dropbox storage space. The application allows you to transfer the complete content of the selected folder to Dropbox, with a few simple mouse clicks. The software also allows you to protect the folder against removal.
Dropbox synchronizing assistant
Dropbox enables you to store files and folders in a cloud account and update it by transferring files into a dedicated directory on your computer. Boxifier is designed to simplify this procedure by allowing you to upload files to the cloud without moving them from one folder into another. Instead, you can easily sync the entire directory right from its source location.
Once you install Boxifier on your computer, it inserts a quick option in the Windows Explorer context menu, which allows you to synchronize the selected folder with one mouse click. The list of folders on your computer is displayed in Boxifier’s interface along with each item’s complete path.
File transfer made easy
Using Boxifier’s features, you do not need to wait until large files are copied into the Dropbox folder, but instead, turn any directory on your computer into a shared location. Additionally, a green circle appears on the folder’s icon in Windows Explorer, in order to notify you that any file you move into that particular location is instantly transferred to Dropbox.
You may also enable the folder protection system, in order to prevent a specified folder from being removed or modified in the cloud account. If this option is enabled, the program can prevent Dropbox from deleting or updating files in the folder and its subfolders.
Ceasing the link between a folder and Dropbox
Boxifier allows you to synchronize any folder with Dropbox with one mouse click. In case you wish to cease the link between a certain directory and the cloud account, you may easily remove it from the list in Boxifier’s interface. The software is designed to speed up and simplify the procedure of file sharing on Dropbox.
LIMITATIONS IN THE UNREGISTERED VERSION
- 30 minutes to try premium features, then it reverts to the basic edition, which supports syncing only one local folder outside of Dropbox
- Easy to Use:
- Simply right click the folder that you want to sync.
- Works with external drives:
- Transfer data from your external drive to your Dropbox account
- Unplugged your external drive? No problem
- Works with network drives:
- Access files on your local network using your phone or tablet
- Backup your NAS (network attached storage) to Dropbox
- Ready for Business:
- Sync your existing file servers with Dropbox for Business
- You can still use your personal Dropbox
- The Dropbox you know and love:
- See when sync is complete
- Easily share and view files on Dropbox.com