Manage Microsoft Office Outlook contacts with this application that offers impressive import/export criteria management and command line operation
Those who hold numerous Microsoft Office Outlook accounts and maintain multiple contacts could find managing them to be a difficult task. ContactGenie DataPort is here to provide a solution to such issues, by allowing people to achieve an increased Outlook contact management. It will enable them to import or export contacts with ease, create templates for such tasks and make use of the command line for recurrence.
Basic interface that offers only the essential tools for importing/exporting Microsoft Outlook contacts
ContactGenie DataPort provides users with a plain interface that features two primary tools, one for the importing of contacts and the other for exporting. People will be able to import contacts easily from the contact folder of their installation of Outlook (PST and Exchange folders) or export them from the same directories and the GAL type folders.
The application supports exporting and importing to and from CSV, Tab, Space, Semi-Colon or custom delimited text files and Microsoft Office Access and Excel files. Experienced users who need interoperability will be happy to know that importing is possible from Microsoft SQL databases as well.
Create import or export templates for your Outlook contacts and automate the process using the command line
Once they have established a preferred import or export scheme, users will be able to save it in order to expedite their workflow. To this end, ContactGenie DataPort allows them to use the command line and perform repetitive tasks, therefore eliminating the need for supervision.
However, despite its straightforward interface and easy-to-handle tools, the utility could be difficult to decipher at first, especially for novice users who aren’t accustomed to managing Outlook contacts. Its documentation, however, provides a good insight on its different features and commands.
Useful application that will help users manage their Outlook contacts easier, thanks to increased import/export capabilities
This utility could be a good choice for those who need to import or export multiple Outlook contacts to and from other formats, with increased efficiency. They will be able to define custom import/export task templates and later on use them for automating their process, by resorting to the command line recurrence feature. Providing exporting and importing to multiple formats, such as Microsoft Office Access or Excel, ContactGenie DataPort ensures that users achieve the required interoperability.
- MDAC 2.8 or later
- MICROSOFT OFFICE OUTLOOK 2002-2016 (32-BIT).
- At least 26.6 MB of free disk space.
LIMITATIONS IN THE UNREGISTERED VERSION
- Nag Screen.
- Limited to importing only 100 records.
- Import To:
- Any contact folder that appears in the Outlook folder list (PST, Exchange Mailbox, Public Folders) including Outlook.com EAS (Exchange ActiveSync) contact folders;
- Export From:
- Any contact folder that appears in the Outlook folder list (PST, Exchange Mailbox, Public Folders, EAS);
- GAL (Global Address List) Users & Contacts (requires active Exchange connection);
- Global Distribution Group Members (requires active Exchange connection;
- Import From/Export To:
- CSV, Tab, Space, Semi-Colon, Custom delimited text files;
- MS Access .mdb/.accdb files;
- MS Excel .xls/ .xlsx worksheets;
- Native MS SQL database (Import Only);
- Message Class Selection:
- Import & export contacts items based on any message class found in the contact folder whether or not assigned as the default;
- Custom form support:
- Import to & export from based on message class (custom form) selection;
- User-defined field support:
- Import export from any user-defined fields part of the folder UDF group or custom form;
- Filter import data:
- Filter input source to only process data subsets;
- Multiple Import Options:
- – all contacts will be added to the folder;
- – bypass import records in input file that already exist in folder;
- – delete all contact dupes in folder and replace with input data;
- – matching contacts will be deleted from folder;
- – replace field values in pre-existing contact items;
- Multiple Update Options:
- – only add new contact items;
- – add contact if new else ignore;
- Standardized Fields:
- Standardize fields for both import/export;
- , , , ;
- Keyword Field Support:
- Append to or replace keyword field values;
- Custom export field names:
- Assign custom user-defined field names to exported fields;
- Control export field sequence:
- Select output export field sequence with drag and drop simplicity;
- Export test field formats:
- Set custom field formats (dates and numbers) when exporting text files;
- Unlimited Import/Export templates:
- Create unlimited number of templates for repetitive import/export requirements;
- Command Line Support:
- Run any existing template via commandline for unattended scheduled operation.