Monitor local and network directories to keep an eye on new files, modifications, deletions, renames and file access, get notified via email, and launch third-party apps
Directory Monitor is an advanced application designed to help you keep an eye on a specific folder and get notified whenever changes occurs. These vary from new files, modifications and deletionsto renames and file access. It is capable of working with network folders too, showing log details for important events.
The interface is very clean and intuitive, with a split layout to show the folders being monitored and a separate panel to display the log. In other words, you can see any recorded change, along with the time, date and path.
In-depth customization for directory monitoring
Directory Monitor provides a great amount of customization options for each folder being tracked, allowing you to specify the events to be recorded and the tasks to be performed when such a change is noticed. You can either play a sound or even launch a program, while a separate option. enables you to monitor events of subfolders.
Program settings, sound alerts, email notifications, and SQL databases
The options menu also plays a key role because it gives you the power to configure the interval for checking folders, back up the log file, create a separate log file for each directory and automatically remove log entries that are no longer valid. Information can be sent via email as well as uploaded to an SQL database, depending on your preferences. You can also set a third-party app to automatically launch when an event occurs.
Performance and conclusion
The software application works like a charm on all Windows versions and requires administrator privileges to be able to access some of its commands.
Overall, Directory Monitor is an advanced and reliable app that does a very good job when it comes to monitoring folder activity and providing an important amount of configuration options to enhance the whole process and get you notified.
- .NET Framework 4.0
- Windows Installer 3.1
LIMITATIONS IN THE UNREGISTERED VERSION
- 21-day trial (you need to first request a trial license via email) – if the trial period is not activated, several functions are disabled (send email messages or saving to database when a change is detected)
- Monitor directories for file changes, modifications, deletions and new files.
- Monitor local directories or network shares (including hidden shares).
- Quickly tell if a directory is available and being monitored.
- Optionally execute an application when an event occurs.
- Balloon notifications whenever an event is fired.
- Auto updating, import/export and more.