Edit multiple track tablatures for guitar, bass and other instruments using this application, which also features a guitar tuner and finger positioning instructions
Guitar Pro is an advanced and comprehensive software solution whose main function is to help improve your guitar skills, even if you are a novice or an experienced player, providing you with all the essential tools to generate great-sounding music.
The program’s interface is very intuitive and appealing, making it very easy to work with. Nonetheless, it is generally advisable that you have some basic knowledge of how to read a tablature and how to understand music rhythm.
The application enables you to create and edit guitar tablatures, but it can also be used for other fretted instruments. Guitar Pro includes all the required tools in order to assist you when practicing, namely a ‘Chord Engine’, a ‘Tuner’, ‘Guitar Fretboard’ and a ‘Scale Engine’. Moreover, it offers audio samples and effects for multiple guitar types, as well as countless other instruments, such as piano, drums, or strings.
Thanks to the ability to import and export files, supporting a variety of input formats, for instance MIDI, ASCII, MusicXML, PowerTab or TablEdit, you can fully use pre-existing music sheets, from the Internet or other sources. In addition, you have access to Guitar Pro’s sheet library, which can be used and altered to improve your own skills.
The main interface of Guitar Pro provides you with several retractable panels disposed around the music sheet, each with their own function. As such, you can work with symbols, add or remove them from your score in the ‘Edition Panel’. The ‘Instrument Panel’ allows you to adjust the parameters for the song, while the ‘Effects Panel’ helps you apply numerous sound effects and amp modelisations. You can also use the ‘Mastering Panel’, the ‘Chords Panel’ or the ‘Lyrics Panel’.
Guitar Pro is a professional utility that offers you extensive features and options in order to enhance your music writing and playing abilities, enabling you to become a great artist.
- Administrator rights for installation, Internet connection for activation
- Intel Pentium 4 type processor
- 1 GB RAM
- Sound card – DVD-ROM drive
- 256 MB free HD space
- Screen resolution 1024 x 768
LIMITATIONS IN THE UNREGISTERED VERSION
- Nag screen
- You cannot open files outside of those provided
- You cannot save files
- Import ASCII, MIDI, MusicXML, PowerTab, and TablEdit files is not available in the unregistered version
- Export to MusicXML, ASCII, or MIDI is not available in the unregistered version
- You cannot use other instruments than 3 guitars (nylon, steel, electric), 1 bass, 1 piano, and drums in the unregistered version
- Sound banks are limited in the unregistered version
- Custom Views:
- With Guitar Pro you have the option of working either directly in page or screen mode (horizontal or vertical). The screen modes use all the space available in the workspace. It is possible to change at any moment the proportions and page setup of your document as well as the viewed tracks.
- Automatic page setup:
- Guitar Pro automatically configures the vertical position of the various elements of the score. The input is therefore very rapid, giving an output similar to that of published songbooks.
- Guitar Pro automatically adds the bars and provides synchronization between the tracks of the score. This strict synchronization is needed for proper sound rendering of the score and it can also be educational at the same time.
- Interactive tools:
- Each tool within Guitar Pro is closely linked to the active track properties. For example, if you opened the guitar tuner, it would give you the tuning chosen for that specific track. This makes Guitar Pro very powerful, and easy to use.