Create TIFF or TIF files with this comprehensive application that allows users to insert customized annotations and modify Metadata information
As the name of this piece of software implies, Multi-Page TIFF Editor lets you create and edit multi-page TIFF files. It can be handled mainly by advanced users.
The app supports the TIF, TIFF, FAX, G3N and G3F formats. You can load a picture by using either the file browser or ‘drag and drop’ functionality.
So, you can preview each page of the TIFF file within the frame, and select any one of them, in order to start editing.
Multi-Page TIFF Editor provides some basic painting functions – these include rectangular selection, eye dropper, fill, spray, erase, line and text. Plus, you can zoom in and out, go to the next or previous page, as well as rotate, flip resize, or deskew the page.
But you can also make some adjustments regarding the brightness, contrast, HSL and RGB levels, and apply filters (e.g. Gaussian blur, prism, wave, lens, grayscale, black and white).
The program also lets you find text within the files (IPTC, DICOM data), insert, move, extract or divide pages, merge or split files, write annotations and protect them with a password, as well as apply watermarks (images only).
From the ‘Options’ screen, you can select the colors for the thumbnails and annotations, switch to a different language for the interface, make file associations, configure email settings, and set the default path to the external BMP editor, just to name a few.
The graphic editing tool needs a moderate amount of system resources, has a good response time and includes a help file. We have not come across any problems during our testing; Multi-Page TIFF Editor did not freeze, crash or pop up error dialogs. However, the app’s interface is not very intuitive, so first-time users may take their time to get familiarized with Multi-Page TIFF Editor’s features.
- 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 512 MB RAM
LIMITATIONS IN THE UNREGISTERED VERSION
- 5 pages conversion limit
- Nag screen
- Fast file reading using “multi-thread” technology. It is especially effective for large files
- Reading, editing and writing large TIFF files up to 4 Gb
- Multipage scanning using TWAIN or WIA interfaces into multipage TIFF files. Scanning to TIFF or PDF with a command line
- All page operations, such us adding, removing, re-ordering as well as import or export pages (or group of pages) are supported
- Almost all image processing functionality such as resizing, rotating or changing DPI are supported. Additional image editing features (drawing, color or contrast adjustments etc.) are available with help of powerful built-in bitmap editor or with help of any external bitmap editor that can be attached to this program
- Ability to annotate TIFF files. Creation of pre-defined stamps as annotation objects
- Reading and writing IPTC and DICOM metadata. Searching files in a folder by metadata fields
- OCR – Optical character recognition. Ability of optical recognition of several pages (or whole multipage TIFF file) into single multipage RTF file