Synchronize your Outlook and Gmail accounts by transferring all the important data like contacts and calendar events between them
Outlook4Gmail is an add-in for Microsoft Outlook that allows you to synchronize all the contacts between your Gmail and Outlook accounts.
The application is easy to install and creates a new tab in the Outlook interface from where you can access all its features. Outlook4Gmail can help you synchronize information such as names, company, phone, address, email, notes, contact picture, group and category while providing you with one-way and two-way synchronization.
Outlook4Gmail enables you to choose whether you want to only update the account for Gmail or Outlook, as well as both at the same time. You can have it replace Outlook contacts with Gmail ones or leave them unchanged. In case you only want to update one account with only the most recent added contacts, you can do just that.
Using Outlook4Gmail, calendars can be synchronized as well. They can be imported from Google into Outlook and the other way around. Moreover, you can also create new calendars which makes it easy to both keep track of all your scheduled events, as well as add new ones and transfer them to the other account.
The add-in allows you to insert multiple Gmail accounts and switch between them whenever you need to. Outlook4Gmail can also be set to automatically synchronize your contacts when it starts or on regular intervals while it is running. This scheduling feature acts like an automated backup function that does really come in handy.
In case you set Outlook4Gmail to synchronize contacts on its own and are unsure whether it did its job or not, the add-in offers you an event log that displays all its activity. Each entry in the log contains the time and date of the action accompanied by a short description for it.
In closing, if you’re looking for a simple and reliable way of synchronizing contacts and calendar entries between your Gmail and Outlook accounts, then you can certainly give Outlook4Gmail a try.
- MS OUTLOOK 2003 (11.5.X), 2007 (12.X), 2010 (14.X) X64 AND X86, 2013 (15.X), 2016 (16.X) X64 AND X86, COMPATIBLE WITH OFFICE 365
- At least a 1GHz processor
- 10MB of free disk space at system drive.
- 256 MB RAM
LIMITATIONS IN THE UNREGISTERED VERSION
- You can request a 7-day trial key if you want to unlock the full functions for a limited period of time (during the trial, the program could tie only one Google account of yours, which Google based email you gave in the application form)
- Limitations of the demo version (trial not activated):
- Multiple Google accounts contact syncing not allowed
- Syncing of contact categories with Google groups not allowed
- Syncing of contacts’ pictures (users’ avatars) not allowed
- No calendar syncing
- No automated time interval syncing
- 3-way syncing option
- Basic syncing filters
- Custom Outlook contacts folders syncing
- Multiple Outlook data files (*.pst) support
- Microsoft Exchange public folders scan and syncing
- Big data syncing
- Duplicates check and elimination support