View the content of PST, OST, DBX, MSG and EML mailboxes with this tool, which also allows you to easily export messages to MSG format
PST Walker is the all-in-one tool for handling Outlook files and exporting mailboxes. Aside from opening PST, OST, DBX, EML, and MSG files, it also bundles data recovery capabilities, finding orphaned or deleted items inside input mailboxes.
Offline mailbox reader
PST Walker can be used as a simple mailbox reader for situations when the mail server connection is lost. Its interface adopts a standard look, comprising a tree viewer to explore folder contents, alongside a panel dedicated to reading message contents. Thus, working with it shouldn’t pose any problems.
Once the mailbox file is loaded, PST Walker displays the mail folders exactly as they are organized. Mail messages can be previewed, printed on paper or replied to using the default mail client. Moreover, you can save copies of attachments locally.
Export mailboxes and recover data
Not only that you can read your e-mails, but you can also export entire mailboxes to MSG or EML format, which really comes in handy to those who want to migrate to another client. Conversion is done without effort and messages are ready to import in no time.
Aside from scanning mailbox files and retrieving their content, PST Walker can also perform advanced file analysis, in the attempt to recover data from damaged or corrupted PST or OST files. It can also be configured to search for orphaned and deleted items, displaying them all within its main window.
PST reading and mailbox exporting tool
With PST Walker, you can easily read emails while offline and without having Outlook installed, even if the files are password-protected. It is powerful enough to handle corrupted archives or very large mailboxes, also finding permanently deleted or orphaned emails.
It offers instant access to attachments and the mail content, providing searching and exporting options and displaying MAPI properties that are not even shown by Outlook. Overall, it is a good application, but it does not allow you to export files to other formats than EML or MSG.
- .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
LIMITATIONS IN THE UNREGISTERED VERSION
- Email body contents and attachments are not available
- Nag screen
- Outlook 97-2013 format, all type encryption
- Can open password-protected file without a password
- Continue processing if file is corrupted, including files that has gone over 2Gb limit
- Find items that were permanently deleted instead of moving to the Deleted Items folder in Outlook (“hard deleted” items)
- Find items that are no longer associated with any folder in Outlook (“orphaned” items)
- Export files to MSG and EML format
- Search emails
- Access to SMTP message header information
- Quick and intuitive access to attachments within *.pst, *.ost files. Attachments can be saved directly from the application
- Extended attribute view for access to underling file attributes not exposed by Outlook
- Extended date and time access to underling timestamps not exposed by Outlook
- Command line options