Getting the tool on the system is not too different from installing other applications and at the end the user meets a clear-cut interface that is intuitive and with an efficient layout.
Store connection credentials
Just like in the case of regular FTP clients, AbleFtp features a profile manager that holds all the connection credentials for the remote locations. There is support for secure connections (explicit SSL/TLS or implicit SSL) and for multiple encoding types.
The benefits of AbleFtp consist in its ability to schedule a wide range of tasks so that they are initiated automatically. Creating a new task can be a daunting process, at least at the beginning, when you have to select the type of the operation.
Schedule operations to run automatically
The tasks that can be scheduled with the application include file handling as well as monitoring. However, each of these categories has plenty of sub-categories that allow copying/moving/synchronization, archiving or deleting items, directory listing or downloading data from an online resource.
Moreover, there is the possibility to initiate administrative commands like restarting the engine, after saving all the setting and scheduled tasks with the appropriate data.
Comprehensive tool for automating tasks
AbleFtp integrates a great deal of useful options that allow scheduling of various tasks, thus allowing administrators to focus on other operations. It brings to the table a clean interface that can be handled without problems and there is sufficient documentation to learn about the more advanced features.
Ftp client with a difference. Designed primary for automation of ftp and related tasks. Goal is to create advanced ftp tasks that can be scheduled automatically or run instantly.
Supports a very flexible wildcard system to transfer multiple files at once. Supports subdirectory transfers. -has mini Can automatically save files based on date/time or customized names.
Comes with a powerful and flexible task scheduler. Email Notification of task failure based on task exit code. Remote Ftp and local directory monitor can detect directory change and trigger ftp , zip, copy, delete tasks.
Can also detect file size, total files, file modification dates and trigger other tasks if required.
· Unlimited simultaneous threads
· Unlimited FTP browsers can be opened
Proxy / Firewall support
· SOCKS5, SOCKS4, SOCKS4A, HTTP Proxy
· Copy, Zip, Unzip tasks
- Automate FTP to/from an intranet or internet server. Schedule FTP of files between your PC and the server; and automatically rename the files based on current month, day or time if needed. FTP supports wildcards (*). Transfer multiple files at once. Supports subdirectory transfers.
- Remote FTP directory monitor can detect directory change and trigger FTP , zip, copy, delete tasks. It can also detect file size, total files, file modification dates and then trigger other tasks, if required.
- FTP Command task can run RFC FTP commands in sequence. Custom Commands.
- Scheduler software is very easy to use, yet has very powerful scheduling, tasking and automation capabilities.
- Email Notification of task failure, based on task exit code.
- Local directory monitor works similar to the Remote FTP directory monitor.
- Zip files and directories using wildcards on a schedule. Can append date/time to filename for archive purposes.
- Copy files and directories using wildcards on a schedule. Can append date/time to filename for archive purposes.
- Delete files on schedule, based on wildcards.