Customizable setup pack
The installation procedure does not take a long time to finish and it offers you the possibility to create a configuration template, write data to file and export it to a database, such as Microsoft Access, SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle or others.
What’s more, you can pick the components to install, such as plugins for event notifications, ODBC database export, DDE Server, log packing, SQL Database Professional, event generator, and help files. Last but not least, it is possible to install Accurate Printer Monitor as a service application and to register the OPC server.
Simple interface and options
The main app window has a classical look with a well-structured layout, where you can add new configurations to the list by indicating printers, number of remote PCs to ping, automatic reconnect mode, along with monitoring settings: printer events, job events, log empty event data, aggregate events, and so on. By default, the TCP/IP server is enabled and the monitor settings are automatically sent to the remote clients, but these options can be disabled.
It is possible to view the log and program protocol file, back up the configuration and restore it at a later time, get a summary on the statistics such as total, received and sent data packets in the current day and in the last 24 hours, and more.
Evaluation and conclusion
This software utility definitely bundles a rich set of options and customization preferences for monitoring printers in the network. It carries out user commands swiftly and consumes a low quantity of CPU and RAM. All in all, Accurate Printer Monitor can be tested by all users interested in monitoring printers.
Printer monitoring is indeed a lot of companies all over the world should invest in. But why is this so? Why is there an imminent need to monitor printing activity?
Let us say that you operate a medium-sized enterprise and you have dozens of computers connected to three or four computer networks. With this many computers, your office would inevitably need a lot of working printers at hand, so many that keeping tabs as to printing activity would become fairly difficult it achieve. The task to printer monitor is not really hard if you have software to back you up. This is why you need to have print monitor software in your office.
Accurate Printer Monitor is a useful application designed to point out the most used printer and the number of page printed.
Now, this goes without saying that there are employees who are just a little bit abusive when it comes to using office equipment and when it comes to printing, there really is no way of knowing who is using what printer for personal use. That is, if you do not have the software.
With the software, this is easily carried out because it keeps track of all documents printed as well as the employee who printed them respectively. These reports are then stored inside a built-in database that you can easily access to monitor abusive users.
Our printer monitor also comes with built-in notification capabilities. That is, in the case that anything remarkable is found in any of the printers work that the program is currently monitoring, it could simply send off an email to the human administrator. This saves administrators a lot of tedious labor in looking through many printers, and frees their time for more important and complex administration tasks.
- Capability to monitor multiple printers at the same time. Each printer may have fully different monitoring and exporting settings;
- Allows monitor local, remote or network printers;
- Real-time optimized monitoring;
- The program automatically detects when the printer or print server goes offline, and restores monitoring when the printer is online;
- Supports color and monochrome printers;
- Can send notification via email and several other methods;
- Can save printer events to databases MSSQL, MySQL, MS Access, Oracle, Interbase, etc;
- Many modules allow you to filter events and process printer events;
- You can calculate printing cost for each printer, domain or user, paper size or print quality;
- Many reports, which you may save to Adobe PDF or MS Word files;
- The printer monitor can send scheduled reports to administrators;
- Built-in HTTP server allows administrators or users display company or individual reports from remote computers;
- Simple, menu-driven step by step set-up – programming is not required to configure the software to collect data.