Acme CAD Converter is a program with a pretty self-explanatory name – it allows you to turn AutoCAD documents (DWG, DXF, DWF) into other file types, namely images with the WMF, BMP and JPEG formats, as well as with PDFs.
The interface of the application is plain and uncomplicated. Opening a drawing can be done with the help of the file browser only, since the ‘drag and drop’ method is not supported. Working with multiple items at the same time is possible.
So, you can zoom in and out, convert the drawing to monochrome, grayscale or colored, switch to full screen mode, view layer and linetype properties, as well as change the point style and measurement units.
But you can also alter the background color, replace the font, create additional user-defined paper sizes, apply watermarks, make file associations, and switch to a different language for the GUI. Plus, you can recover drawings in batch mode, separate layers from drawings, as well as convert multiple drawings to a PDF file.
Acme CAD Converter provides you with several customization features for the output files. Therefore, you can make the app overwrite existing files, select the image size, adjust the JPG quality, and remove the 3D hidden line, among others.
The software application requires a moderate amount of system memory and CPU, has a good response time, finishes a job briefly, and outputs images and PDFs with a good quality regarding graphics and the text layout. We have not encountered any issues during our testing. There is also a help file available. All in all, Acme CAD Converter should please both first-time users, thanks to its intuitive layout, as well as skilled individuals, because of its wide range of configurable settings.
Acme CAD Converter is a handy and comprehensive conversion software which enables you to open and convert DXF and DWG files to other file formats.
It can conveniently convert DXF,DWF and DWG files into WMF BMP, GIF, JPEG, TIFF, PNG, TGA, DXF, DWG, SVG , PDF, HPGL, CGM, EPS etc., and also enable the conversion between DXF and DWG file versions (R2.5-R2011).
It supports replace font file. Supports eTransmit command like AutoCAD,and batch recover drawing files. You can use it to easily batch convert DWG, DWF, DXF files.
- Supports to save DWG and DXF into DWF format(Beta).
- Identify literal fonts and entity color correctly;
- Supports batched conversion of multiple files;
- Supports to select the printout of color or monochrome raster file; set background color freely;
- Print out raster mask file; be used as image channel (used in Photoshop etc.);
- Replaces fonts.
- Sets the size of raster file to be printed out freely;
- Supports full-screen mode ( press F );
- Supports printing;
- Supports AutoCAD pen sets file (*.ctb);
- Supports user-defined Watermark;
- Creates PDF bookmark automatically with layout name and file name, and you can edit them;
- Supports PDF’s security Options;
- Supports pen width and destination colors settings, and can export/import these settings;
- SHX font, XRef and Image search path
- Supports to separate layers to drawings(one drawing per layer).
- What you see is what you get
- Supports running on command line mode;
- Free DWG viewer;