View information about your hard drive, including S.M.A.R.T. attributes, scan the disk for bad sectors, and generate a HDD temperature graph
Active@ Hard Disk Monitor is a software application which can be used in order to check the health and temperature of your hard drive, and schedule a scan to determine bad sectors.
Seamless installation and easy-to-use environment
The setup process is a piece of cake, as it does not offer to download any third-party products and it does not last longer than a few seconds. After you are done with it, you are brought to a pretty well-organized and clean interface which encompasses a menu bar, several buttons, a folder list of all connected drives and several tabs for a quick access to all available options.
Check the HDD temperature and scan it for errors
This program enables you to view, in real time, the temperature of your hard drive, as well as a graphical representation of it for the current hour, the entire day, or a specific time in the past. In addition to that, it is possible to scan the disk in order to verify it for bad sectors. You can change block size (e.g. 512 bytes, 64 KB, 256 KB), process only particular sectors and choose a schedule on which this operation to take place.
Collect data about the disk and save it to a file
Basic information about you PC and HDD is available such as IP address, computer name, check periods, disk model, serial number, file system, number of cylinders, user capacity and bytes per sector, while you also have access to S.M.A.R.T. data, including spin up time, raw read error rate, power-off retract count and power-on hours count.
Last but not least, you can show temperature and status in the system tray, enable monitoring at Windows startup and save S.M.A.R.T. info to a custom location as a TXT file.
To conclude, Active@ Hard Disk Monitor is an efficient piece of software which lets you monitor the health and performance of your HDD. It does not consume a lot of resources when running and we did not detect any errors, crashes or bugs in our tests. The interface is dedicated to all user categories and all jobs are completed in a swiftly manner.
- Performance Monitoring and Control
- Based on Self Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology (S.M.A.R.T.).
- Able to scan and display bad sectors on a disk’s surface.
- Provides detailed hard disk information such as Serial/Model Number, Number of cylinders, and so on.
- Shows current disk temperature in the System Tray
- Sends an e-mail or a popup notification automatically if critical conditions appear.
- Displays current values of S.M.A.R.T. attributes, giving the extensive information about your hard disk’s state.
- Tracks the tempretaure history and shows temperature graphs for current hour or today.
- Can be launched automatically at Windows startup and monitor the HDD(s) in the background.
- Generates event log and S.M.A.R.T. reports with detailed information about disk(s) activity over the period of time.
- Easy to use user interface makes a hard disk monitoring a straightforward task.