The installed service works on extracting information about each device, while the Network Monitor Manager can be used for keeping an eye on all the components within a user-friendly GUI. The application welcomes you with the ‘Quick Configuration Wizard’, which offers guidance for creating the initial configuration.
ActiveXperts Network Monitor features e-mail, SMS, messenger and pager notifications that alert you about device failures. Also, it can help you configure the data to monitor: CPU and memory usage, running processes and services, the available disk space or event logs.
Furthermore, it can be used for checking the availability of an IP address, a DNS, SMTP or FTP server or a website and allows you to supervize Windows servers, antivirus alerts, disk drives and directories, shared hardware devices and removable drives.
Provided you have a Sensatronics Environmental monitoring device, you can also use it to get information on smoke, light, temperature or humidity in a room, just to avoid hardware damage.
The Web interface allows remote monitoring from any location, whereas the Network Monitor Manager can connect to multiple other instances installed on workstations in the network.
The program helps you create maintenance schedulers and can be set to automatically run executable files or scripts when a device is unresponsive. Intelligible reports and conclusive graphs can be easily generated for conducting a more thorough analysis on the matter.
Relying on a powerful monitoring engine, ActiveXperts Network Monitor can be of use for any administrator. It offers a full-featured, yet intuitive monitoring tool that ensures each device is running properly at all times.
With the help of ActiveXperts Server Monitor you have the possibility to monitor Internet protocols, Windows servers, databases and various virtualization platforms.
ActiveXperts’ powerful Network Monitor Engine technology has been adopted by several software companies all over the world. ActiveXperts’ Network Monitoring technologies is used by thousands of companies all over the world, making ActiveXperts the leading provider of Network Monitoring solutions.
· Checks (IP-based): ICMP, DNS, HTTP(s), FTP, SMTP, POP3, SNMP, SNMP Traps, LDAP, NTP, NNTP and more
· Checks (Windows OS): CPU, File/Directory, Disks, Event Log, Memory, Process, Service, Terminal Server and more
· Checks (Windows BackOffice): MS Exchange, MS SharePoint, MS ISA, MS Message Queue and more
· Checks (Windows Anti-Virus): McAfee, Norton, NOD32, Kaspersky, Trend Micro, Sophos, Avast!, AVG, Norman, Panda and more
· Checks (Environmental): Temperature, Humidity, Wetness, Smoke, Motion, Resistance, Light, Door, Power and more
· Checks (Database): MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle, MS Access, ODBC, OLE/DB (Progress, SyBase, Informix, Paradox, IBM DB2, …)
· Custom Checks (Windows): VBScript
· Notifications: E-mail, SMS (GSM, SMPP, HTTP), Pager, SNMP Trap, Network Popup
Network Monitor Manager
The Network Monitor Manager application is used to view the results and to make changes to the configuration. This Manager application allows you to visually monitor the network from any desktop PC.
Use the Network Monitor Manager application to view results and to make changes to the configuration
The Manager application can be installed on any Windows 98, Windows NT or higher computer (workstation or server), and has different authority levels. You can restrict help desk employees to only view results, while you can allow network operators to make changes to the configuration.
The Web Interface is a collection of read-only XML based Views of the network. They can be viewed by an Internet Browser by the use of XSL style sheets. This only requires one port on the firewall (default: port 80) to allow monitoring the network from a remote location. The Web Interface pages can be customized by editing the XSL style sheets. With the help of ActiveXperts Server Monitor you have the possibility to monitor Internet protocols, Windows servers, databases and various virtualization platforms.This is a unique feature of ActiveXperts Network Monitor, and very often used by the HelpDesk staff.
- Monitoring features:
- Monitoring virtualization platforms, including VMware, Citrix XenServer and Microsoft Hyper-V
- Monitoring application services
- Monitoring databases
- Monitoring environmental data, including temperature, humidity and wetness
- Monitoring networks, network protocols and network services
- Notification features:
- Send out notifications upon failure and/or upon recovery
- SNMP Trap Notifications; send trap notifications to an SNMP Management console; supports SNMP v1 traps and SNMP v2 or higher SNMP traps
- Templates for all notification types, including network monitor system parameter inside these templates. Notification messages can be completely customized using these templates.
- Action features:
- Reboot a server upon failure
- Launch an executable or batch command job; use Network Monitor system parameters as arguments for the executable or batch-job
- Maintenance periods can be configured globally or per check
- Multiple maintenance schedules can be defined
- Standard incident reports and availability reports are provided
- Reports can be e-mailed automatically, periodically
- Particular checks, folders and results can be included/excluded from a report
- Graphs can be generated instantly, for one or more checks
- Graphs can be saved to various image formats and PDF
- Network Monitor related information is written to the Application Log of the Event Viewer
- Monitoring information can be written to a Syslog server
- User Interface:
- Use the Manager application to make changes to the configuration and view the monitoring results
- The Manager application has an Explorer-like user interface, with a Folder pane, a Monitoring Checks pane and a Log pane
- The Web Interface allows users to view the status of the network by using the Internet Browser