AeroFS is a flexible cloud storage package mainly intended for companies, allowing convenient file sharing and streamlined content synchronization across multiple computers.
What differentiates it from other similar services is the enhanced security, since the syncing process is done between computers, without saving data to a public server, where it might be intercepted by others.
The application creates a dedicated folder on your computer, whose content is automatically synchronized to all the other computers that are linked to your account. Furthermore, you can easily invite anyone to join your organization (and as such, gain access to the AeroFS shared folder), provided they have a valid e-mail address.
Thanks to the powerful RSA-2048 and AES-256 encryption algorithms, all the files you copy to the AeroFS folder are perfectly safe. Furthermore, the web-based dashboard enables you to manage linked computers and set or revoke access permissions.
One great advantage of AeroFS is that it does not impose restrictions as far as storage space is concerned. Since data is not stored on a central server, the only limitation is the hard drive capacity. However, some organizations might want to backup files to a single location and AeroFS Team Server is especially designed for this purpose, providing online backup possibilities.
AeroFS makes the concept of cloud computing adapt to the requirements of the business environment, combining file sharing capabilities with improved security options. Mutual authentication, end-to-end encryption and direct synchronization are features that can prevent unauthorized data interception, creating a private personal cloud safe from eavesdroppers.
AeroFS is a tool that will automatically sync your files between your personal computers, and anyone you want to share data with.
Anything you store in your private library is by definition private. This is the perfect folder for your sensitive data.
AeroFS can encrypt the data that leaves your computer end-to-end, which means that only the authorized recipient is able to access it, thus granting security to your file transfer.
NOTE: You need to create an account in order to use AeroFS.
- Unlimited Storage:
- Your computer quite possibly has hundreds of gigabytes of space. AeroFS lets you use this space to its full potential. Using Private Libraries you can sync all your data. The catch? It’s free, whether you want to share 1, 10, or 1,000 GB. You already have all the storage you need, now use it!
- Cloud or No Cloud? It’s Your Call:
- We think you should have the freedom of choice when it comes to personal data management. AeroFS allows you to optionally add online backup storage as part of your personal cloud.
- Backup Libraries:
- Backup Libraries are like “Private Libraries”, but with a twist: They are also synced and backed up to our secure AeroFS servers. All data on our servers is encrypted using strong AES-256 Encryption.
- Sharing is caring:
- We live in a connected world, and AeroFS is no different. You can share your Libraries with anyone who has an e-mail address: your friends, co-workers, or your pet (tell us if you figure out how the pet can view them. We may have a job for you).
- You can also view and modify files together, in real time.
- AeroFS Security:
- Your stuff is valuable, keep it safe. We know that promising you security is not enough, so we wanted to take a bit of time to describe the methods we use to keep you safe:
- Each computer running AeroFS has a 2048-bit RSA key, certified by us to be authentic. This prevents bad guys from being able to impersonate you.
- When two computers communicate with each other, they perform “mutual authentication” using the keys.
- They also use the keys to create a secure “communication channel” that is safe from nasty eavesdroppers or hackers.
- Because the connection is encrypted directly from one device to the other, data “in transit” is end-to-end encrypted and is safe from attacks.