Artweaver is a simple-to-use graphic editing application that provides users with standard and advanced tools for creating and editing image files. It supports BMP, TGA, GIF, JPG and PCX, among other formats, along with filters and multiple layers.
Hassle-free installation and user-friendly GUI
The setup procedure is fast and easy job that shouldn’t impose any difficulties. As for the interface, Artweaver adopts a clean and comfortable main window that contains a menu.
Photos can be opened from file or new projects can be put together by specifying the name, size, resolution, and background color.
Resort to standard and advanced settings
Standard drawing tools contain brush, movement, shape selection, magic wand, Lasso, crop, perspective grid, text, shape, gradient, eraser, stamp, dropper, paint bucket, zoom, and pan.
It is possible to configure the color set, work with multiple layers, undo and redo actions, make image adjustments (e.g. brightness, contrast, color balance, levels), modify the canvas or image size, as well as transform or merge layers.
Additionally, you can apply filters (e.g. blur, distort, noise, render, sharpen), switch to full screen mode, set up advanced options (e.g. color variability, opacity, jitter), access a list of recently used tools, and more. Plus, you can import Clipboard and WIA-supported content, as well as export the image to PDF.
Evaluation and conclusion
The program is surprisingly light on the system resources, using low CPU and RAM. It swiftly applies tweaks to the pictures. We have not found any problems in our evaluation, as the app did not hang or crash.
To sum it up, Artweaver comes loaded with practical settings for enhancing images, especially for less experienced users, although it cannot compete with more complex products, such as Photoshop.
Artweaver lets you paint creatively with the help of a huge range of painting tools. You can create sketches from photos or just experiment with colors.
For professional users, Artweaver offers layers, group layers and support for the PSD file format. It is also possible to load and run Photoshop compatible filters (only Artweaver Plus). You have to create a new picture or browse for the desired one and the software provides you with multiple tool to customize it as you wish.
- Support of many different digital brushes e.g. chalk, charcoal, pencils
- A wide variety of adjustment settings to customize the default brushes or to create new brushes
- Standard image editing tools like gradient, crop, fill and selection tools
- Support for the most common file formats like AWD (Artweaver), BMP, GIF, JPEG, PCX, TGA, TIFF, PNG, and PSD
- Transparency, Layer and Layer Group support
- Effect filters like sharpen, blur, emboss and mosaic
- Editable text layers
- Pen Tablet support for a realistic feeling
- History function to undo/redo last editing steps
- Support for many languages through language files