The New Avira Version 2013
Avira Internet Security 2013
The ultimate security software for your connected world.
Online banking, streaming movies, connecting to wireless networks, homework assignments and, of course, lots of email. Just the hustle and bustle of a typical day? At least one thing is simple: one full-featured security suite, equipped with Avira’s best antivirus protection, is all you need to protect your passwords, photos and important files.
Worried about viruses and phishing? Bothered by spam?
The antivirus module in Internet Security 2013 is now enhanced by the Avira Protection Cloud, which links the virus scanner to the very latest threat information. Antispam and an advanced phishing filter proactively blocks even the craftiest email scams and spam, while a two-way personal firewall ensures optimum data privacy and protection from hackers.
Supervise your kids online while respecting their privacy.
Internet Security includes enhanced web and social network parental controls that let you manage web use without having to look over your child’s shoulder. The popular Safe Browsing feature filters undesirable or malicious content and even allows you to set time limits on your kids’ surfing sessions.
What’s new in Version 2013?
Staying safe online isn’t merely about shielding your PC. It’s about being in control of your security and privacy, no matter how, when and where you connect. That’s why the new version of Avira is designed to revolve around you, protecting your PC, your smartphone and your web privacy. Extend security to every facet of your online life. Enhancements in Version 2013 include:
- Browser Tracking Blocker NEWStops over 600 companies from recording your web activities
- Protection Cloud NEWReal-time malware classification and extremely fast system scanning
- Website Safety Advisor NEWSecurity ratings in your search results—know before you go!
- Advanced AntiPhishing NEWProactive protection from the craftiest email scams
- Security for Android NEWLost phone recovery, privacy protection and call/SMS blocking
- Social Network Protection NEWIntelligent parental controls for Facebook and other social sites
- Real-Time Protection: Monitors nonstop for viruses, worms, Trojans and more
- AntiAd/Spyware: Shuts out online spies and annoying adware
- NEWProtection Cloud: Ultrafast scanning and immediate online identification of new malware
- NEWNetwork Drives: Malware scanning for shared folders
- Rootkit Protection: Traps hidden malware that conventional antivirus doesn’t find
- ProActive: Halts undiscovered threats by tracking their behavior
- AHeAD Technology: Inspects unfamiliar code for suspicious signs
- AntiBot: Blocks hackers’ attempts to take over your computer
- Backup System: Safeguards your data in case of an accident, hardware failure or theft
- NEWBrowser Tracking Blocker: Stops web trackers from recording your activities*
- NEWWebsite Safety Advisor: Rates the safety of all sites in your search results*
- Advanced Web Protection: Intercepts malicious websites before they load
- Advanced AntiPhishing: Proactively protects you against email scams
- Mail Protection: Keeps infected emails at a safe distance from your inbox
- FireWall: Forms a protective seal against intrusions (essential for wi-fi)
- AntiSpam: Weeds out annoying, offensive junk email
- AntiDrive-by: Blocks unwanted software downloads while you surf
* This feature is part of the Avira SearchFree Toolbar (included).
- NEWSocial Networks: Extends parental supervision to Facebook and other social media
- Safe Browsing: Advanced parental controls for blocking inappropriate websites and limiting the time your child spends online
- NEWSecurity for Android: Missing phone recovery, privacy protection, unwanted call/SMS blocking and more
- Quick Removal: Eliminates viruses in one click
- Generic Repair: Removes all traces of a malware infection automatically
- Rescue System: Jumpstarts your PC in an emergency
- Live Support: Unlimited access to friendly, knowledgeable Avira security specialists
- Game Mode: Suspends unnecessary notifications during games and movies
- Netbook Support: Fast performance even on compact machines
- Express Installation: Skips the boring Q&A to launch your protection fast
Before you install Avira Internet Security 2013, please verify that your system meets these minimum specifications:
Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit)
Windows Vista SP1 (32-bit or 64-bit)
Windows XP SP3 (32-bit)
Windows XP SP2 (64-bit)
Min. 1024 MB RAM (Windows Vista, Windows 7)
Min. 512 MB RAM (Windows XP)
Min. 150 MB available disk space (additional temporary and quarantine space needed)
Computer Pentium or later, at least 1 GHz
Administrator rights, an internet connection and a web browser are required during installation.
ProActive is currently supported on 32-bit systems only.