Avira Server Security
Powerful, efficient virus protection for servers
Avira Server Security shields your network’s central receiving and distributing points against security breaches. Whether you need to protect a single central file server, or a mix of Windows or Unix servers across multiple sites, choose Avira and consider it done.
Avira Server Security scans files and archives in real time, using minimal processing power. Automatic updates ensure the best possible protection at all times. The Avira Management Console allows you to scan or troubleshoot your servers right from your desktop.
“A joy to use!”- Virus Bulletin, June 2011
- Security for all your Windows and Unix servers
Avira Server Security delivers truly integrated, cross-platform virus and malware protection.
- Find everything in one place
The Avira Management Console offers comprehensive notification and reporting functions and an integrated scheduler that lets you automate scans, updates and other routine tasks.
- High performance protection
Our proprietary antivirus technology consistently wins top awards for combining the highest malware detection rates with the fewest false positives.
- In-house malware research center
Reliable protection means keeping up with the changing tactics of cyber attackers. Avira employs top talent to uncover and defeat new viruses.
- Anti-malware that works 24/7
Every file access is monitored in real time, even archives and offline virtual machine images.
- Fast, painless updates
The industry’s most compact program updates and virus pattern database files automatically update via the internet or through the network without disrupting workflow.
- Multi-threaded design for high-speed scanning
Filter functions and file caching optimize performance.
- Free upgrades and platform changes
Avira protects your budget as effectively as it secures your network.
- System Scanner detects the latest known viruses, worms and Trojans fast.
- Real-Time Protection constantly monitors files as they are opened, changed or copied.
- Rootkit Protection traps hidden malware that conventional antivirus can’t find.
- AHeAD Technology inspects unfamiliar code for suspicious signs.
- Avira Management Console makes security easier and more effective through centralized administration, configuration, updating and monitoring.
- Integrated Scheduler automates frequent tasks such as scans and updates.
- Configuration Wizard walks you through a fast, easy basic setup process after installation. (Windows)
- Quarantine Management safely isolates infected and suspicious files before they can be spread on the network. (Windows)
- Included Gold Support matches you up with an Avira expert if you need help.
- Windows Server 2003 (32-bit or 64-bit), SP2
- Windows Server 2003 (32-bit or 64-bit) with activated terminal services, SP2
- Windows Server 2008 (WebServer Edition, Standard Edition, Datacenter Edition, Enterprise Edition) 32-bit or 64-bit, with Terminal Server Support
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (Standard Edition, Enterprise Edition, Datacenter Edition and Foundation Edition), 64-bit only
- Citrix Presentation Server up to version 4.x inclusive
RAM dedicated for Avira Server
- 512 MB, 2 GB recommended (Windows Server 2003)
- 1024 MB (Windows Server 2008)
At least 150 MB (additional temporary and quarantine space needed)
Pentium computer with at least 1 GHz CPU
Administrator rights are required for installation under Windows.
ProActive is currently supported on Windows 32-bit systems only.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Server
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 Server
- Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, 10 – 10.3, 11 (SP2 not supported)
- Debian GNU/Linux 4, 5
- Ubuntu Server Edition 8, 9
- Sun Solaris 10 (SPARC)
- Sun Solaris 9 (SPARC)*
- Novell Open Enterprise Server 2
- Novell Open Enterprise Server 1
- 192 MB
- 512 MB for Sun Solaris
100 MB temporary hard drive memory (plus temporary hard drive memory for archive support)
The external kernel module Dazuko 3.0 is required for the installation of the AVGuards under Unix. Please find further information atwww.dazuko.org.
* Sun Solaris 9 (SPARC) won’t be supported any longer as of October 30, 2012.
Use under 64-bit Linux:
Please use the required 32-bit libraries.
Administration through the AMC:
Please consider that the libstdc++so.5 is required for the AMC agent.