Since installation is not a prerequisite, you can simply extract the program files to any location on the hard drive and run the executable file directly.
Otherwise, you can move BestSync to a USB flash drive or similar storage unit, in order to run it on any computer effortlessly. Thus, you can carry the tool in your pocket wherever you go.
What should be mentioned is that the Windows Registry section does not receive entry updates, and files are not left behind on the hard drive after program removal.
The interface of the application is user-friendly. Setting up projects is done in a wizard-like layout, so a few steps are required to carry out a task in no time.
The source and destination directory can be any location from/to the hard drive, removable disk or remote PC via LAN, FTP, SFTP, ZIP file, WebDAV, Amazon S3, Google Storage, Outlook or Windows Mail.
BestSync can automatically backup the archiving system, in order to store files ready for deletion or overwriting during the synchronization process; it is possible to specify a time limit for maintaining these backup files, or to secure a full backup for every specified days.
Moreover, you can create an inclusion or exclusion list of subfolders, filter files by type, date and time attributes, or size, process multiple files simultaneously and establish the maximum thread number, copy NTFS permissions and specify the task priority, use the Volume Shadow Copy service to copy opened or locked files, encrypt and compress the backup file, as well as rename files, just to name a few.
It is also possible to schedule tasks, make the program start a task when a disk is inserted or a net drive is mounted, enable real-time sync mode to update files immediately after modifications occur, view log details, save and import tasks, and more.
BestSync offers multilingual support, has a good response time and takes a decent amount of time to finish a sync job while using a low-to-moderate quantity of CPU and system memory (thus, it doesn’t hog the computer’s resources). It supports hotkeys and includes a help file.
To conclude, BestSync integrates a wide range of advanced options to help professional users effortlessly carry out a file synchronization job between multiple platforms.
BestSync Portable optimized for portable usage. No need to install, only decompress the executable files to the root folder of the removable disk. When the removable drive is inserted, the BestSync Portable is started automatically. The portable version does not have FTP sync feature.
BestSync is an easy-to-use yet powerful and reliable file synchronization and continuous file backup software. It automatically analyzes, synchronizes, and backs up your files and Outlook emails between desktops, laptops, servers, and external drives, as well as remotely through FTP, SFTP, WebDAV, Amazon S3 cloud storage.
Before synchronization, BestSync makes backup all the files in your computer that will be replaced or deleted during the synchronization . This is the unique and most important option of BestSync while synchronizing from multiple locations.
In this way, original files of all stages can be restored easily, So using BestSync instead of any other synchronization software, you don’t need to worry about losing file at any updating stage. BestSync supplies powerful features that are especially suitable for business usage.
Note: After the 30 days trial period, the application will remain functionable but will disable the following features:
· Synchronize with net drive or shared folder
· Compress and encrypt file while synchronizing file
· Start sync when media is inserted
· Delete old file
· Logon to network drive
· Copy open/locked file
· Synchronize with FTP server
· Synchronize with a ZIP file
· Synchronize with Outlook, Windows Mail
· Resume from the last broken point
· Auto-Sync by schedule
· Synchronize with WebDAV
· Run as a Windows Service
· Real time sync, sync file immediately after change
· Support FTP Proxy to sync file behind firewall
· Send log file by e-mail
· Save log data to CSV or HTML file
· Automatically clear old backup file
· Support AddOn DLL File
· Connect FTP server with SSL
· Synchronize with SFTP server
· Process multiple files simultaneously
· Control FTP upload/download speed
· Synchronize with AmazonS3
- Synchronize file – Work with 2 or more computers:
- Single-Directional, bi-directional synchronization and file mirroring feature to ensure your workstation, laptop, and networked computers have the same files. BestSync can detect and synchronize file changes automatically, such as creating, updating, deleting and copying of files in subfolders.
- Backup & Restore file – Protect you data:
- Backup your important files anytime with a single click, and use the flexible scheduler to automate your backups.
- Before synchronization, BestSync makes backup all the files that will be replaced or deleted during the synchronization . This is the unique and most important option of BestSync while synchronizing from multiple locations. When disaster strikes, restore the backup data easily. Incremental backups and full backups are supported.
- Works on any file system and media:
- Changes and conflicts are detected and corrected automatically by comparing current file status to the previous file status. The file can be in an external disk, a network sharing directory, a ZIP archive, a FTP server, WebDAV collection, or Colud storages
- Synchronize folder with FTP/FTPS/FTPES/SFTP server – Online access file:
- Synchronize only changed files with FTP server in bi-direction.
- Automatically download/upload changed files only from/to FTP server. Support FTPS (FTP over TLS/SSL) ,SFTP (SSH File transfer Protocol).
- Using BestSync, publishing your website becomes easy and fast, only changed files are transferred to the server, and the deleted files on one side can be removed automatically by option.
- Synchronize folder with WebDAV collection – Online access file:
- Synchronize only changed files only with WebDAV collections in bi-direction.
- Synchronize a folder with a ZIP file with complex filtering functions:
- Only changed files are put into the ZIP file, and deleted files are removed from the ZIP file. Support AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) 128Bit/256Bit cryptographic algorithm to protect the zip file with password.
- Synchronize with MS Outlook, Windows Mail:
- Synchronize email, contact, schedule etc with MS Outlook, Windows Mail by USB, FTP etc. BestSync only copies new mails, contacts and schedules.
- Fast filtering – Backup selected file types:
- Wildcard patterns can be used as filtering conditions. The wildcard patterns can be part of the file name, extension and wild card characters (*,?,#). A file type selector makes selecting file types very easy.
- Support FTP Proxy, HTTP Proxy:
- Enterprise users can synchronize local folders with FTP/WebDAV/Amazon S3 Cloud storage on the internet behind the firewall.
- Encryption & compression – Keep your data private:
- BestSync can encrypt the files before uploading them to FTP server and public cloud storage. BestSync can also protect your files before copying files to an USB drive in office, the files are encrypted and compressed. And when the files are synchronized to a home PC again, files are decrypted and decompressed.
- Preview – Confirm or change the sync action before running:
- In the preview window, you can modify synchronization action of the files, and confirm the result of the synchronization, or start the comparing tool to view difference between the files of two sides.
- Run as Windows Service, no need to logon:
- This is very suitable for a server to backup changed files, and workstation to backup files to a server. When synchronize with the network drive or shared folder. BestSync can impersonate a local user and logon to the network resource.
- Real-time synchronization:
- Synchronize files immediately after changed. BestSync monitors the change of the folders. When a file is changed, deleted, or renamed, the file is copied to, deleted from, or renamed in the target folder immediately.
- Resume a file transfer from the last break point:
- The feature ensures large files to be copied successfully. This feature applies to FTP server, WebDAV, cloud storage, network drive, and shared folder.
- Flexible Schedule – Automate your task:
- A flexible schedule can be specified to start tasks automatically. You can set any schedule you want! Just set-it-and-forget-it. Automatic synchronization, automatic backup, automatic upload file to FTP server is capable.
- File modification time synchronization:
- BestSync supports MDTM, MFMT, SITE UTIME commands to copy the timestamp to the file that is uploaded to FTP server. BestSync also tries to copy the timestamp to the file that is uploaded to WebDAV server and cloud storages (If the this kind of feature is supported by the server).
- Detecting time zone, resolving conflicts caused by Daylight Saving Time change, preserving FTP file timestamp:
- Files can be synchronized correctly even the client and server are in different time zones. The timestamp difference caused by the Daylight-Saving-Time change can be ignored by option.
- Verify file after synchronization – Ensure the files be copied successfully:
- BestSync can use the verification method (CRC32, MD5) provided by the FTP/WebDAV/cloud storage server to verify if the files have been transferred successfully. If the server does not support the this kind function, BestSync verify the file by comparing the content.
- Trigger the task by the insertion event of a removable media, or envet of disk mounting:
- When you insert the USB disk in to the PC, all the updated files are compressed and encrypted to the USB disk. When the synchronization completes, BestSync flushes all the data to the USB disk, it is safe to take the USB out of the PC.
- Log view – Review the sync history:
- In the Log view you can view difference between current version and the backup versions, and restore the backup file to the source folder. Export log data to a CSV file or HTML file.
- Email Sync Result – Monitor the task remotely:
- Report the sync result by email. The sync result is a zipped HTML file. BestSync supports SMTP Authentication, such as “AUTH CRAM-MD5” or “AUTH LOGIN”.
- Easy to encrypt or decrypt file:
- Insert a context menu “Encrypt Decrypt” in the Windows Explorer, It is easy to encrypt and compress files or decrypt and decompress files by this menu.