BetterTouchTool is a great, feature packed FREE app that allows you to configure many gestures for your Magic Mouse, Macbook Trackpad and Magic Trackpad.
It also allows you to configure actions for keyboard shortcuts, normal mice and the Apple Remote. In addition to this it has an iOS companion App (BTT Remote) which can also be configured to control your Mac the way you want.
BetterTouchTool includes many goodies, like window snapping or an integrated window switcher.
BetterTouchTool is the (absolutely free) software for your Mac (running Mac OS X 10.6 or greater). It has tons of features and allows you to completely customize the way you work with your Mac):
- Complete rewrite of the keyboard functionality in BTT.
- You can now use the function key in keyboard shortcuts.
- You can now create separate shortcuts for left and right modifier keys (click the little cog icon on the left of the shortcut field and select “Differentiate between left and right modifiers”. For example you could says “right cmd + space => do something fancy” while keeping left cmd + space for spotlight.
- The trigger on down and key repeat stuff should work better.
- By default keyboard shortcuts now trigger on key-down
- In case you encounter problems, the old shortcut implementation can be activated in the advanced preferences.
- Improved compatibility with Remote Desktop solutions (for custom ones you may need to activate “Compatibility Mode” for shortcut sending)
- The custom click action can now send mouse down / up events separately so you can e.g. define a keyboard shortcut to trigger a middle-mouse-down on key-down and a middle-mouse-up on key-up.
- Fixed issue that caused Preset export to not work correctly on some systems.
- Fixed issue with “Trigger only when touching dock” / “not touching dock” options.
- Fixed an issue with the shell script widget that prevented running binaries without parameters.
- Fixed a 10.12.x compatibility issue
- Fixed BTT Remote connection issue
- Fixed typing with modifiers on BTT Remote
- Fixed issue with “move mouse to corner” action.
- Fixed a potential crash
- Small improvements to Clipboard Manager
- Fixed menubar icon not showing disabled state
- Various other small fixes and improvements