BleachBit is a reliable application that thoroughly cleans your computer of unnecessary files, in order to free up space and delete Internet tracks, a necessary option when you share your PC with multiple users.
Once the quick installation procedure is completed, you can check out the well-organized layout of BleachBit’s interface. So, you can delete backup, .DS_Store, Thumbs.db and temporary files, as well as system items (e.g. Clipboard, logs, memory dump, MUI cache, Prefetch, Recycle Bin, temporary files).
The application can also delete files that belong to web browsers, such as Firefox and Chrome (e.g. cache, cookies, crash reports, DOM storage, URL history, session restore, site preferences).
As fast as application-related content goes, the tool is able to clear Flash (cache and cookies), Microsoft Office (debug logs and most recently used files) and Windows Explorer (e.g. recent documents list, Run, Search history), WinRAR and VLC media player (most recently used files), among others.
An important function of BleachBit is that it allows you to preview results and find out how much disk space is salvaged after deleting the selected files. Cleaning these items is easily done, with the simple click of a button.
Other tools of BleachBit let you shred files and folders to prevent them from being recovered with specialized programs, wipe free space, create a custom list of files and folders ready for deletion, as well as create a whitelist.
The program requires a moderate quantity of CPU and system memory, has a good response time and finishes a clean job rapidly, without causing the operating system to hang, crash or display error notifications; we have not come across any issues throughout our testing. All in all, BleachBit delivers immediate solutions to cleaning up the system of unnecessary data.
BleachBit deletes unnecessary files to free valuable disk space, maintain privacy, and remove junk. Rid your system of old clutter including cache, cookies, Internet history, localizations, logs, temporary files, and broken shortcuts.
It wipes clean Adobe Reader, Chromium, Firefox, Flash, GIMP, Google Chrome, Google Earth, Internet Explorer, Java, KDE, OpenOffice.org,Opera, RealPlayer, Safari, Skype, VIM, and more.
All in all, BleachBit will offer you the possibility to get back disk space as well as keep your privacy.
- Simple operation: read the descriptions, check the boxes you want, click preview, and click delete.
- Free of charge
- Free to share, learn, and modify (open source)
- Free of adware, spyware, and malware
- Translated to 43 language
- Shred files to hide their contents and prevent data recovery
- Shred any file (such as a spreadsheet on your desktop)
- Overwrite free disk space to hide previously deleted files
- Portable app for Windows: run without installation
- Command line interface for scripting and automation
- CleanerML allows anyone to write a new cleaner using XML
- Import winapp2.ini cleaner files (a separate download) giving Windows users access to 440 additional cleaners
- Frequent software updates with new features