CopyTrans TuneSwift is a portable piece of kit that gives you the possibility of backing up your iTunes library or transferring it to another source, in case your files get damaged or accidentally deleted. It addresses all user levels.
Since installation is not a prerequisite, you can just drop the executable file anywhere on the hard drive and run it directly.
Otherwise, you can store CopyTrans TuneSwift on a USB flash drive or similar storage unit, and run it on any computer. This way, you can carry the app in your pocket whenever you’re on the move.
More importantly, the Windows Registry section does not receive new entries, and no files are left behind on the hard drive after removing the tool.
The interface of the application is based on a wizard-like layout where you can either transfer, back up or restore data. But you may also view iTunes information when it comes to the version, media and artwork database, together with the total containing songs and videos.
So, you can transfer the iTunes library to a PC or Mac, specify the target location (new computer, new folder or drive on the computer, external hard drive), and proceed with the task. The application lets you perform a full backup job or just copy the latest changes. Restoring the iTunes library is seamlessly done, in just a few clicks.
CopyTrans TuneSwift requires a moderate quantity of CPU and system memory, has a good response time and completes a backup job rapidly, without making the operating system hang, crash or pop up error dialogs. Although it is not particularly resourceful, CopyTrans TuneSwift provides a straightforward solution when you want to protect your iTunes library.
Backup the entire iTunes library including iPod Touch, iPad and iPhone backups. Save the latest changes of your iTunes library by using the incremental backup feature.
Import the iTunes library from an external hard drive and restore it from previous backups.
With the help of CopyTrans TuneSwift you’ll be able to easily backup and restore your music library!
- Transfer iTunes from one computer to another:
- Move iTunes library to a new PC, including all data
- Transfer music, videos, applications, books, podcasts, ratings, artworks, all types of playlists etc.
- Copy iTunes from Windows XP or Vista to Windows 7
- Transfer iTunes from 32bit to 64bit Windows versions
- Move iTunes to an external hard drive, or any folder on your PC
- Export iTunes including the iPod Touch, iPad and iPhone backups
- Back up the entire iTunes library:
- Back up iTunes media to an external hard drive or a USB flash drive
- Save the complete iTunes library in a single backup archive
- Update the backup with the latest changes from the iTunes library
- Include iPod Touch, iPad and iPhone backups when saving iTunes
- Restore iTunes to PC or Mac, anytime and anywhere:
- Restore iTunes from previously made backup files
- Import the iTunes library from an external hard drive to a new PC
- Your iPod, iPhone and iPad will be recognized like in the original iTunes library, no risk of “Delete & Sync” through iTunes