CrazyTalk Animator is a software application able to create 2D characters from the images stored in your computer.
The user interface may seem a bit overwhelming at a first glance, but this is only because the application comes packed with many functions. However, the useful tips and video tutorials can help you get an idea of this program works.
An actor can be brought to life by adding an image to the list with one of the following file formats: JPG, BMP, TGA, PNG or GIF. You can use the crop button to define the body region, rotate and flip the picture, zoom in or out, adjust the levels for brightness, contrast, hue and saturation, use the brush tool to remove the background, and pick a color for the mask.
What’s more, in order to create a front and side body posture, you are required to align six points to your image, and you can preview upper, arm and foot movements.
The face fitting editor allows users to select a face style, use a mask to define the face orientation, and configure the dedicated parameters for the mouth and eye settings. It is possible to preview the eye lid, eyeball and head movement, facial expression and mouth shape. All unnecessary adjustments can be easily rolled back, thanks to its built-in buttons.
There are different preset lists to choose from for inserting characters, head and body templates into your projects. Moreover, the generated 2D actors can be animated by assigning different actions to the selected character, such as jumping, standing, clapping hands, sitting, standing, dancing and many others. The templates and the actions can also be customized.
CrazyTalk Animator enables users to add a background scene, multiple objects (e.g. surprise bubble, heartbeat, rain, thunderstorm) as well as text messages.
Other important features worth mentioning include the possibility to edit the body movements, and assign voices to your characters by recording, using the “Text-to-Speech” editor, or by adding WAV or MP3 files.
You can preview the 2D creations in the primary panel, adjust the voice and music volume, play or pause the current selection, as well as view all the scenes and layers applied.
When it comes to exporting options, you can save the creations to WMV, AVI, WAV, BMP, JPG, FLV and other formats, and pick the video and audio quality, output size and frame rate.
All in all, CrazyTalk Animator is a professional application that bundles a lot of features for helping you design 2D characters.
Create actors using any photo or illustration. Bring actors to life with automatic facial animation & innovative puppeteering motion. Drag & drop to build sets with scenery and props. Film and direct all the action with the camera & timeline tracks for complete 2D Animation.
CrazyTalk Animator will help you build your own animations fast and easy. The fun factor is also included!
- Production Environment:
- Complete 2D animation environment
- Drag-n-drop media editing
- Advanced timeline & keyframe animation
- Real Z-depth layering & 3D camera view
- Smart Animation:
- Real-time face & body puppeteering
- Auto lip-sync from text & audio files
- Key editing with IK & FK control
- Sprite swapping animation
- Actor Creation:
- Virtual actor creation from photo
- Face & body photo fitting
- Custom 3D face profiles and facial features
- Unlimited dress styles from Character Composer
- Stage & SFX:
- Prop & scene group management
- Prop composer with parent-child hierarchy
- Interactive props with animatable sprites
- Atmospheric special effects, emotives and text balloons
- Content Inventory:
- Free image, video and Flash media composition
- Custom character content system
- Custom motion puppeteering profiles
- Online Backstage content inventory
- Render & Output:
- 3D Stereo rendering for any device
- Popular image and video export formats
- Web & Flash video outputs
- Post-production with alpha channel