Cypherix LE uses a 128-bit implementation of the powerful Blowfish algorithm while the registered versions Cypherix ME, Cypherix PE and Cypherix 8.1 offer a choice between a 448-bit implementation of Blowfish and a 256-bit implementation of AES (Rijndael).
Cypherix LE creates a volume (vault) that can only be accessed with a password. This volume stores files in the encrypted form. Once mounted, the Cypherix drive is like any other drive you normally work with.
It functions like any other drive (C: or D:) on your computer. Just drag and drop any file into the Cypherix Vault. It is automatically encrypted. It’s that simple! Cypherix LE vaults can only be viewed, accessed, browsed or modified by the user who has the key to open it. At other times, the files are invisible!
- Secure Email:
- The Secure e-mail module allows for the creation of self extracting encrypted files. The recipient need not have Cypherix installed to decrypt the files, all that is required is the password. This allows for a totally secure communication system that makes use of existing generic e-mail clients on a public network, yet allows for totally secure data transfer.
- Real Time File and Folder Protection:
- Cypherix’s high-security “On the Fly” disk encryption technology ensures that your data is safe at all times. Simply drag and drop to encrypt.
- Fast Encryption:
- Cypherix is fast! You will barely notice the difference in speed as compared to a regular “Copy Paste” function.
- No Format Limitations:
- Cypherix encrypts every kind of file format, whether it is textual, tabular, graphical, organized in a database, audio or video.
- Easy Operation:
- Once the virtual drive is loaded, you can copy, move, delete and drag and drop files just as you would with any other hard disk. Once unloaded, with a single click, your data gets encrypted.
- Standard Windows Functions:
- Cut, copy, paste, new file/folder creation, etc., can be used within the encrypted drive.
- Customized, Easy to Remember Passwords:
- Your pass phrase can be an alphanumeric combination of up to 100 characters. You can even use phrases that are easy to remember. (Please See the section on passwords for more information)
- Storage Flexibility:
- Cypherix can create volume files on removable media. This allows for the flexibility to store and port data on removable media like Zip disks, tape drives.
- One Step Encrypted Data Back-Ups:
- Worrying about storing sensitive information on backup media is a thing of the past with Cypherix. Taking encrypted backups of Cypherix volumes is a one step process, as easy as “Drag and Drop”. A 650 Mb volume is perfect to store all data and take encrypted backups on a CD.
- Implement Effective Access Control In A Multi User Environment:
- With Windows, it is almost impossible to segregate user data in a multi user environment, without substantive security and privacy concerns. With Cypherix, different users can have different Cypherix volumes. This way information is segregated easily.