DBFree is a suite of different tools, mostly Open Source, and running on top of the powerful free MaxScript Interpreter that offers an Xbase, Clipper-like, programming language designed to provide web application to standard and mobile devices as tablets and smartphones.
DBFree was originally born to keep alive the art of programming and saving the beatiful Xbase language from oblivion, and it is nowaday a good choice for creating Rich Web Applications thanks to its support for AJAX, HTML5 and CSS3.
Appropriate uses for DBFree:
· Run DBFree and DBMax web applications
· Run your own webserver from home or office through a cheap consumer-level ADSL connection.
· Build a portal for your own firm or for a small company you are employed in.
· Feed a centralized database from tablet or cell-phones capable of wap or internet connections.
· Collect data (like orders, inventory,support request,etc) from remote offices of your company .
· Give web automation to your office by re-using existing equipments.
· Illustrate the basics of procedural programmings in schools do whatever your imagination and programming skills make you bring to mind
- Now fully portable and just ready to run without installation, new Win32 Control panel for easy operation, new embedded webserver , AJAX, CSS3, HTML5 and Twitter Bootstrap 3.2 support for building Web Apps for mobile devices.