A powerful software solution that helps you wipe out all changes made to your system and reset the computer to its original state after a reboot session
Deep Freeze is a backup and recovery system that can disable all changes made to the operating system of computer, at the next reboot.
This kind of tool is recommended when you really don’t want anyone else making some uncalled modifications to your virtual system.
Simply put, when Deep Freeze is activated, it will restore all initial settings of your computer at the next startup.
How it works
Be careful though, if you forget the program on (on frozen mode) and then make some important changes (e.g. write and save an important document, install a licensed software), you will lose everything at the next startup. And unfortunately, enabling or disabling Deep Freeze will always require a restart.
You need to set up a master password that can activate and deactivate Deep Freeze. Make sure you don’t forget it because there’s no way of getting it back.
Overall, the program may be difficult to understand, especially by first-time users, but make sure to check out the help file before getting into it (for example, to bring out the password window and enable/disable the program, go to Deep Freeze in system tray, hold down Shift and double-click the left mouse button).
Uninstalling the program
Uninstalling it can also be tricky, because Deep Frozen needs to be deactivated. We, for instance, have misunderstood some of its guidelines, and this caused us to run around in circles.
In conclusion, if you want a guaranteed way to preserve your computer’s information, then Deep Freeze is the perfect tool for you. Just be careful when the computer becomes amnesic.
LIMITATIONS IN THE UNREGISTERED VERSION
- 30 days trial
- Absolute Protection
- Guarantees 100% workstation recovery on restart
- Provides password protection and complete security
- Protects multiple hard drives and partitions
- Integration and Compatibility
- Supports multiple hard drives and partitions
- Supports multi-boot environments
- Compatible with Fast User Switching
- Supports SCSI, ATA, SATA, and IDE hard drives
- Supports FAT, FAT32, NTFS, basic and dynamic disks
- Localized in five languages: English, French, German, Spanish and Japanese
- Deployment Options
- Offers silent install option for rapid network deployment
- Provides option to deploy on multiple workstations as part of a master image
- DFC included in Workstation/Seed installations