Would being able to automatically increase server performance help your business? Diskeeper 12 Server has a new, more intuitive user interface and offers proactive, enterprise level technology that prevents file fragmentation before it starts. With new disk health and system monitoring tools, along with new cutting-edge technology designed to speed up boot time, increase application performance and optimize SAN storage; your servers will perform at peak speeds 24/7, while reducing capital and operating expenses.
Boost System Performance Network-wide
Boosting system performance not only boosts application performance but also increases business productivity. At the deepest level of system activity, how a file is written and retrieved is the most basic level of I/O performance.
Done incorrectly, it can be the most significant factor in reduced I/O performance. Files are written in fragments to the file system and the amount of fragments accumulates fast, causing read/ write speeds to decline quickly.
Diskeeper with IntelliWrite® fragmentation prevention technology writes files contiguously to the disk, intelligently manages free space, reduces I/O activity and optimizes the data flow for the best possible business productivity – all without any resource conflicts.
Diskeeper runs invisibly in the background without scheduling, maintenance or resource conflicts – it just works, seamlessly and automatically – saving you time and money.
- IT Manpower – by reducing help desk calls and IT maintenance.
- System Uptime – by eliminating fragmentation bottleneck & reducing hangs, freezes and crashes.
- Hard Drive Lifespan – by reducing unnecessary I/O activity that can lead to hard drive failures.
- User Productivity – by reducing the time required for backup, boot-up, file access and more.
- System Speed – by increasing application launch speeds, email and file access.
- Storage Performance – by reducing I/O bottlenecks from servers & storage devices to PCs.
SPEND LESS ON:
- Hardware Replacements – by increasing hardware lifespan & reducing storage requirements.
- Overtime – by decreasing the need for off-production, after-hour defrag and IT maintenance.
- Lost Production – by allowing users to work faster with less server delays, lags or downtime.
- Electricity – by reducing the energy consumption and cooling requirements for your servers.
While other technologies solve the problem of application and storage performance degradation after the fact, Diskeeper prevents the problem from occurring – allowing your servers to run at peak performance at all times.
For SAN storage, Diskeeper Server is now optimized for SAN environments with additional features like CogniSAN™ technology.
Diskeeper 12 Server Features
- IntelliWrite® Prevents File FragmentationIntelliWrite prevents up to 85% of file fragmentation from ever occurring, dramatically improving the system performance of Windows® machines with no resource impact.
IntelliWrite is especially advantageous for storage technologies such as Virtual and SAN storage systems. This not only gets the performance gains of defragmentation, but also enforces more contiguous/sequential write I/Os which is beneficial for the Virtual and SAN storage environments.
- Instant Defrag™ EngineSince any fragmented file can slow system performance Instant Defrag immediately defrags new files before they can be read. The Instant Defrag engine consolidates the fragments that were not prevented by IntelliWrite, instantaneously without the need to analyze the drive. Combined with IntelliWrite, every system runs at peak performance 24/7 regardless of workload.
- New! HyperFast® 2.0 SSD OptimizerHyperFast solid state drive optimizer now comes standard with Diskeeper 12. HyperFast is the only technology designed specifically to produce faster performance in solid state drives running on Microsoft® operating systems. HyperFast now includes TRIM functionality to improve performance. The HyperFast feature will only be enabled if a solid state drive is recognized.
- New! CogniSAN® TechnologyDetects external resource usage within a shared storage system, such as a SAN, and allows for increased performance without intruding in any way into SAN – layer operations.
- New! Disk Health MonitoringMonitors SMART disk data; checks for other critical file system problems; warns of critical problems or an imminent disk failure; generates alerts by e-mail, or text messages in support of mobile devices for 24/7 monitoring. Allows you to be proactive before a disaster occurs.
- New! System MonitoringMonitors system environment activities and provides a summary of the statistical data gathered for system performance monitoring purposes.
- New! HyperBoot® TechnologyHyperBoot technology improves system boot times. HyperBoot operates completely in the background, requiring no user interaction and will not impact system resources.
- I-FAAST® File OptimizationI-FAAST improves file access and creation with a 10% – 20% faster average access time, and it surpasses the benefits gained with defragmentation alone, by optimizing placement of your most frequently accessed data. Now I-FAAST also honors file exclusion which improves compatibility with third party applications while allowing finer adjustment by the sys admin in specialized situations.
- New! Space Reclamation EngineA new Space Reclamation engine assists in reclaiming unused space from thin provisioned volumes on SAN and disk array storage; as appropriate, uses new thin provisioning SCSI commands to reclaim unused space efficiently on SAN devices that support UNMAP.
- “Aggressive” InvisiTasking® TechnologyThis exclusive processing technology uses idle resources for background optimization routines on even the busiest systems. It can now monitor changes in fragmentation states on all volumes and if necessary use system resources more aggressively to ensure progress in handling fragmentation that is severely degrading performance while still enforcing zero resource conflict when it is running.
- New! Updated User InterfaceFresh new user interface with a simplified navigation that allows users to see what is happening at a glance, but still provides drill–down architecture of information for those that want it. A platform independent design with a modern look and feel for all levels of users, from Enterprise, to Small Businesses, to Home users.
- New! Titan Defrag Engine™ TechnologyThe Titan Defrag Engine (TDE) is now available with Diskeeper Server. TDE runs on extremely large volumes and is the only solution capable of efficiently handling volumes of many terabytes and millions of files. Titan Defrag Engine takes only hours to defragment volumes of a few terabytes where other methods take days.
The Titan Defrag Engine is the only technology that can defragment volumes of multi terabytes.
- Terabyte Volume Engine® TechnologyThe Terabyte Volume Engine (TVE) is specifically engineered to rapidly defragment volumes with hundreds of thousands of files quickly and easily.
- Efficient ModeIn addition to an extensive defragmentation mode, Efficient Mode offers the greatest net gain in system I/O resource savings ever available. It is smart enough to know what fragmentation is a problem and immediately targets and eliminates fragmentation that directly affects system performance.
- Free Space Consolidation EngineThis engine swiftly consolidates free space and tightly integrates with Instant Defrag to handle new fragmentation as soon as it is created.
- IPv6 Networks SupportOnly Diskeeper provides full product functionality and management support in native IPv6 networks.
- Performance MapPerformance Map gives a quick “at-a-glance” indication of file access performance for each volume.
- Enhanced Analysis ReportsDiskeeper 12 provides Enhanced Analysis Reports that graphically display the health and performance gains for your system and your volumes. Diskeeper also evaluates the condition of your disk against documented factors known to affect reliability and stability. Different reports include: Fragmentation Analysis, Read and Write Access Time Improvement, File and Free Space Performance, and Disk Access I/Os Saved.
- Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) Compatibility ModeDiskeeper offers a VSS compatibility mode. This option minimizes growth of the VSS storage area caused by file movement and reduces the chances of older VSS and snapshots being purged.
- Boot-Time Mode Safely performs Microsoft® recommended defragmentation of critical system files.
- Network Management SupportControl Diskeeper settings and functionality via Diskeeper Administrator edition or Group Policy.
Keep fragmentation-based delays and crashes from deteriorating your application and Windows server performance. With Diskeeper 12 Server, your applications will run at peak performance every minute of every day — no matter how busy your servers get!