Dragon Dictate for Mac 2.0
With Dragon Dictate for Mac 3 speech recognition software, you can use your voice to create and edit text or interact with your favorite Mac applications. Far more than just speech-to-text, Dragon Dictate lets you create and edit documents, manage email, surf the Web, update social networks, and more – quickly, easily and accurately, all by voice. Open and close or navigate between applications, or even create your own custom voice commands to execute multiple steps with a simple word or phrase. Use your iPhone or iPod as a wireless microphone, or capture your notes on-the-go using a digital voice recorder and Dragon Dictate 3 will transcribe them for you.
What Customers Are Saying about Dragon Dictate
“I’m using Word 2011. It certainly performs flawlessly with this version. It stayed synchronized no matter what I tried on it. I used some formats that might be employed with templates. Perfect match, it stayed synchronized the entire time.”
“I’m using Word 2011 and I even switched dictation sources in mid dictation and so far it worked great. I was even able to dictate this whole paragraph with Dragon Dictate and switch between Word 2011 and Firefox.” -Jeremy Cash
“Rave: wow, is this fast. Very impressive. I just came over from 2.0 .3. Now, it appears to be quite stable and incredibly fast. Re: Microsoft Word, flawless! I’ve been unable to make it crash or lose it synchrony. It seems to know right word is at all times. An extremely fast and navigation as well.” -Philip Blair
“It’s so accurate, it’s almost spooky. I think there is a little court reporter with a StenoGraph machine in there. I love the fact that I can mix voice commands and mouse clicks without my special tricks. Often, when I’m writing, I start typing then get on a roll where I can’t keep up, even with my 100+ WPM Dvorak typing skills. I just flip on my mic, and start talking. Amazing. Just when I think it can’t get more accurate, a new version surprises me. If you dried voice dictation in the Old Days (even 3 years ago) and found it lacking, you just have to give this a try.” -George Silverman
“Really like Dragon Dictate 2.5, it’s faster and more responsive. I like the compressed recognition window which avoids the acquisition of a lot of screen space when viewing alternative suggestions. One of my favorite features is the option to remove unused or problematic words from the preconfigured dictionary. That alone makes this update worthwhile.” -Blair Donaldson
- Even More Accurate – Dragon Dictate for Mac 3 delivers a 15% improvement to out-of-the-box accuracy when compared to version 2.x. This means that Dragon gets you, and you get things done, faster than ever. Dragon Dictate for Mac relies on the latest Dragon speech recognition engine (from Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12), and also samples higher quality audio in order to deliver unprecedented accuracy, so that what you say is what you get.
- Advanced Correction – When it comes to making a correction, Dragon Dictate for Mac 3 makes it faster and easier than ever before. Simply speak to correct individual words or phrases through a single, easy to understand window. Select an alternate word choice, or spell and train new words. Dragon Dictate includes a richer list of alternative word choices too, so when you do make a correction, it’s more likely that the word or phrase you intended will be presented as an option. And when you make a correction, Dragon learns, making it more accurate the more that you use it.
- Control in More Applications – Dragon Dictate for Mac 3 gives you control in more applications, so that you can use your voice to get more done. Dragon Dictate delivers an Express Editor so that you can dictate into a text field for which it does not have Full Text Control. After you finish dictating, you can transfer the text from the Express Editor to the desired application quickly and easily by voice.
- Digital Voice Recorder Support:
- Transcription of Recorded Speech – It’s easy to transcribe your own recorded speech into text with Dragon Dictate for Mac 3. Simply establish a user profile for a digital voice recorder, and have Dragon Dictate transcribe your recorded voice quickly and easily. Supports .wav, .m4a, .m4v, .mp4, .aif, and .aiff audio file formats.
- Dragon Recorder – If you don’t have a digital voice recorder available to you, use our free Dragon Recorder appto record your thoughts using an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch (4th gen). Dragon Dictate will transcribe the recorded audio files when you are back at your Mac
- Smart Format Rules – Dragon Dictate for Mac 3 reaches out to you to adapt upon detecting your format corrections – abbreviations, numbers, and more — so your dictated text looks the way you want it to every time.
- Vocabulary Editor – With the ability to set alternative written forms of words or phrases (e.g. color vs. colour) in Dragon Dictate for Mac 3, you have more say over how your words appear.
- Enhanced Bluetooth Support – Dragon Dictate for Mac 3 adds support for wideband Bluetooth wireless headset microphones, and you can get up and running quickly. When it detects that the USB dongle of a certified microphone is plugged into the Mac, Dragon Dictate offers “Enhanced Bluetooth” as an audio source type and does not require a script reading to get started.
- Interactive Tutorial – Displayed at the end of profile creation and available at any time from the Help menu, the Interactive Tutorial in Dragon Dictate for Mac 3 offers short progressive simulations to help you practice good dictation, correction and editing habits so that you can create text efficiently within just a few minutes. Even experienced Dragon Dictate users can benefit from the Interactive Tutorial.