Depending on your work domain, file management can get difficult and a time-consuming process. Luckily, there are already various specialized applications that aim to make it all easier. EF Commander is one of them, providing a large set of tools to aid you in cleaning, arranging and handling your files and folders.
Lightweight and easy to use
The setup process poses no difficulty, a few clicks resulting in the complete deployment on your system. Regardless of your previous experience with file management applications, you quickly accommodate with EF Commander due to it’s simple, yet clever design.
Two explorer panels are available so you can easily navigate to desired locations and handle files. All functions provided by the context menu can also be accessed here, so you can copy, move, delete or edit files easily.
Various tools put at your disposal
Taking your time to go through everything the application has to offer can take a little time. Even though it comes in a light package, it manages to put a large variety of options at your disposal. All of your computer’s power functions can be accessed from the main window.
Quickly access operating system features
Additionally, you find shortcuts for several of your operating system’s features, such as the control panel, command prompt or even recycle bin. You are able to connect to FTP servers or other computers connected to the same local network to manage files from a distance.
Keep your documents safe with an encryption tool
Several specialized functions are also available. The application lets you keep your files secure be having them encrypted using a password. Furthermore, files can be split and joined, sent via email, packed with the help of an integrated archiving utility, as well as batch renaming.
Combines work with leisure
Disk drives can also be managed, with the possibility to have them formatted or change the drive letter. Moreover, files and folders can be compared using a dedicated feature. The application also comes equipped with a media player so that you can enjoy your favorite songs while handling files.
To end with
All in all, EF Commander is a reliable software solution when it comes to file management. It comes equipped with all you need. An incredibly low amount of your system’s resources are used and in return the application provides a powerful workstation. Once you give it a try, you might be tempted to keep it installed.
EF Commander is a file manager, archiver and FTP-client that allows you to easily browse and organize your PC content.
The application displays a tabbed interface and has a wide array of features that allow users to run any number of different operations at the same time.
- Tabbed interface:
- Define just the views you need in each pane for your folders and files.
- Built-in media player:
- The EF Commander have a full featured hi quality audio player with playlist and ID3 Tag support. Plays in background with less resources usage MP3, Ogg/Vorbis, FLAC, WMA and WAV. More formats can be play over Winamp Plugins.
- Multirename tool:
- A versatile function for comfortable renaming of numerous files in a processing step. Use a flexible concept for the clear definition of renaming rules, include rules for MP3 files and EXIF informations.
- Quickly and easily get an overview your photos or other image collections.
- Parallel file operations:
- All long operations are run with multi-tasking. You can run any number of different operations at the same time, or several instances of the same operation — for example, you can have several “copy” commands going simultaneously.
- Direct link to PDAs with Windows CE:
- EF Commander was the first file manager worldwide with this feature. Handle your data in the same way as on your desktop or laptop computer.
- Burn CDs and DVDs direct from EF Commander:
- Nero Burning ROM (www.nero.com) is required.
- Internal packers for more than 20 archive formats:
- Use EF Commander to pack files or whole folders in any of the common archive formats. No external programs are required.
- Supported formats: 7-Zip, ACE, ARC, ARJ, BZIP2, CAB, CPIO, GZIP, IMG, ISO (ISO9660), LHA, RAR, RPM, SFX, SQX, TAR, TBZ, TGZ, ZIP, Zip64, ZOO
- Internal viewer for more than 30 file formats:
- View picture files and movies, and play MP3, Ogg/Vorbis, FLAC, WMA and WAV audio files, without having to use any other software.
- Use XnView and IrfanView as add-ons:
- Enlarge the number of available formats to 400 or more. EF Commander runs quietly in the background, but remains fully available to you. Files can also be managed in the internal viewer, in the quick view mode, or as thumbnails.
- Fast FTP/FTPS client:
- The built-in FTP client features resume download and FxP (server to server transfers), FTPS secure (SSL/TLS) connection.
- Internal text and HEX editor:
- EF Commander has full text and hex editors for files that are limited only by your system resources.
- Functions to split/join large files:
- Split large files into smaller parts, and recombine the parts.
- Create/Verify checksums:
- Check the integrity of your data. EF Commandersupports the SFV, MD5, SHA1, SHA256 and SHA512 formats.
- Synchronize function:
- Synchronize your notebook or your LAN with your work station.