Comprehensive computer protection that will block malware through three different layers: behavior blocker, surf protection, and file guard
Emsisoft Anti-Malware is an advanced security tool designed to keep your computer away from all malicious files, be them viruses, Trojan horses, spyware or adware.
Although a security solution, Emsisoft Anti-Malware lends a hand to beginners just after installation comes to an end. The so-called ‘Setup Wizard’ prompts the user to enable or disable certain features, such as the ‘Anti-Malware Network’ (online processing of virus samples found on your computer) and the beta updates that may give you access to some new yet unstable tools.
The same ‘Setup Wizard’ performs the first update and also the first scan, be it ‘Quick’, ‘Smart’, ‘Deep’ or ‘Custom’. Last but not least, the user has to decide whether to enable ‘Guard’ on system startup, download and install updates automatically or enable scheduled scans.
The application blocks most types of infections out there, as it relies on two powerful scanning engines that check your computer for traces of malware and viruses.
Plus, it comprises three different realtime protection tools, ‘File Guard’, ‘Behavior Blocker’ and ‘Surf Protection’, each supposed to help you stay on the safe side.
Last but not least, it also monitors computer activity and gives you the power to block the launch of certain apps, boasting dedicated tools to always prevent user-defined programs from launching.
Emsisoft Anti-Malware relies on a very user-friendly interface, with nifty tabs that hide automatically every time you open a new window within the program.
The ‘Security Status’ tab provides a quick overview over the application, letting you know if ‘File Guard’, ‘Behavior Blocker’ and ‘Surf Protection’ are turned on, but also gives you the possibility to start a new scan or update the virus definitions.
While the ‘Scan PC’, ‘Quarantine’ and ‘Logs’ tabs come with pretty self-explanatory names, the ‘Configuration’ menu opens a whole new world to the user. There are tons of options regarding every single feature of the app, including the scheduled scans and notifications.
Emsisoft Anti-Malware needs a reasonable amount of computer resources, but a deep scan will seriously stress up your machine, so make sure to close all running programs before launching a new scan.
All in all, this is one of the best security tools on the market and we strongly advise you to give it a try as soon as possible.
- 2 GHz CPU
- 1 GB RAM
- 100 MB HDD
LIMITATIONS IN THE UNREGISTERED VERSION
- 10-day trial
- Free: 2 scanners to clean infections: Anti-Malware + Anti-Virus!
- Not just any scanners, but a combination of two world class products – the Emsisoft Anti-Malware, and the Ikarus Anti-Virus engine. Latest tests approve that both are cutting edge in Malware detection.
- No doubling of the scan duration as would be the case with two separate scanning programs. Considerable performance improvement is possible thanks to the integration of the two engines on the lowest level.
- No double price – two top security products for the price of one.
- 3 guards: file guard, behavior blocker and surf protection
- Since version 5: The new, free configurable file guard compares all files that are downloaded or started with about 4 million patterns of known malicious software.
- Unlike conventional protection systems Emsisoft Anti-Malware does not only check files, but it also constantly monitors the behavior of all active programs and raises an alarm as soon as something suspicious happens.
- Typical ways of infection are disabled in advance. Websites that try to plant trojans or spyware or that offer deceptive contents are blocked by the surf protection.
- Signature updates at least 5 times per day, in combination with the zero-day protection of the behavior analysis this guarantees the best possible protection from new infections.
- 3 ways of Malware removal to clean every infection
- When a Malware infection is detected, the scanner puts the found objects under quarantine or deletes them finally.
- Anti-Malware holds plenty of advanced options for experts to detect and delete Malware manually. For this purpose the integrated system analysis tool HiJackFree is included, and helps you to have all processes, services, auto-runs, open ports, browser plug-ins, LSPs and host entries under your control.
- For tough problems our helpful Malware experts are at your disposal for free. With their step-by-step advises, any infection, no matter how resistant it is, can be purged – guaranteed.
- More security with behavior based Malware detection
- Emsisoft Anti-Malware includes a guard, which recognizes and blocks all dangerous programs before they have a chance to cause any damage. The unique new Emsisoft Anti-Malware Behavior Blocker module immediately warns you when a program attempts to perform a potentially dangerous operation. It does this for every program, including those that may appear harmless at first sight!
- Full control over internal system activities
- You can now decide for yourself what programs are allowed to start on your PC and what actions may be performed. Detailed application rules are now available, allowing you to individually specify the permitted behavior of every application:
- Monitor application, but allow specific activities:
- Select this option to always allow particular specific behavior of a program. In certain situations a benign program can contain a function that is very similar to a damaging function and is thus reported. If you are sure that this action is actually not dangerous then you can allow it. All other types of dangerous behavior are still reported.
- Always block this application:
- Select this option to permanently block a particular program. You can also use this feature to provide child protection by preventing other PC users from starting a particular application.
- Exclude from protection:
- Select this option to completely exclude an application from the monitoring process. Use this when you always trust an application and are sure that it does not execute any damaging actions.
- Bonus feature: Application protection
- You can use the application rules to protect specific programs from third-party manipulation. For example, this feature is used to prevent Mamutu from being terminated by Malware in order to disable the protection. You can also make use of this feature. You can protect your Browser and other important programs from being illegally terminated.
- Extended program help
- Emsisoft Anti-Malware is installed with great default settings for the majority of the users. Beyond that, it allows experts to configure the software for their personal needs. The program help contains extended information to get the most from the software.
- New: Community based help with decisions
- With the Anti-Malware Network feature, Emsisoft Anti-Malware makes use of the “Intelligence of the masses” and provides a recommendation based on the decisions of other users when an alert is raised: A clearly understandable graphic illustrates the percentage of users that have performed each possible action. This allows you to quickly decide whether to allow the behavior of the alerted program (other behavior types will be alerted), exclude it from monitoring (completely trusted), block it (shut down process) or place it in quarantine (shut down process and put exe file into quarantine so it can’t be started anymore).
- You can also define a particular percentage value at which the application is automatically permitted. For example: If (e.g.) 90% of the users have classified a background updater as not damaging, then the application is automatically permitted to run. This ensures a smooth workflow without annoying popups and you no longer need to make sometimes difficult decisions about unknown processes. The transfer of your own decisions to the Anti-Malware Network is of course voluntary and can be deactivated at any time.