Burn images to SD cards and USB drives, safe and easy.
Here at resin.io we have thousands of users working through our getting started process and until recently we were embarassed about the steps that involved burning an SD card. There was a separate track for each Mac/Windows/Ubuntu and several manual and error prone steps along the way.
To our surprise there was nothing out there that fitted our needs. So we built Etcher, a SD card burner app that is simple for end users, extensible for developers, and works on any platform.
No more writing images on corrupted cards and wondering why your device isn’t booting.
Hard Drive Friendly
Makes drive selection obvious to avoid wiping your entire hard-drive
Who said burning SD cards has to be an eyesore.
Made with JS, HTML, node.js and Electron. Dive in and contribute!
Works for everyone, no more complicated install instructions.
More on the way
50% faster burns, simultaneous writing for multiple drives. View our roadmap
- Fix update notifier error popping up on v1.4.1->1.4.8
- Moved back the write cancel button
- Reject drives with null size (fixes pretty-bytes error)
- Fix typo in contributing guidelines
- Modify versionist.conf.js to match new internal commit guidelines
- Added React component for the Flash Results button
- Added React component for the Flash Another button
- Restyle success screen and enlarge UI elements
- Use https for fetching sub modules
- Add .wic image extension as supported format
- Added featured-project while flashing
- Center content independent to window resolution.
- Add electron-native file-picker component.
- Hide unsafe mode option toggle with an env var.
- Use new design background color and drive step size ordering.
- Add a convenience Storage class on top of localStorage.
- Introduce env var to toggle autoselection of all drives.
- Add font-awesome.
- Add support for configuration files
- Use GTK-3 darkTheme mode.
- Add environment variable to toggle fullscreen.
- Allow blacklisting of drives through and environment variable ETCHER_BLACKLISTED_DRIVES.
- Show selected drives below drive selection step.
- Add a button to cancel the flash process.
- Download usbboot drivers installer when clicking a driverless usbboot device on Windows.
- Allow disabling links and hiding help link with an env var.