This application provides users with a simple and efficient means of managing ideas and building personal web pages. It automates the process of generating and publishing complete web sites, starting from an arborescent idea organization: text, images, documents, indexes and navigation links.
FreeWIT is a useful and reliable web authoring and content manager application which is easy to use and methodical in its approach.
FreeWIT is, initially, used as an idea organizer (or data manager). You then define the layout and style of idea rendering, by using predefined templates, or, for advanced users, by creating new templates. At any time, a complete Web site can be generated from your current document. This site can be run locally, and when tested, be directly deployed on Internet.
Basically you organise your site/electronic manual etc in a tree, add some text, images or links to documents, a style and structure template, and instantly build the whole site. WIT allows you to build with ease Electronic books, Memoirs, Glossaries and bibliographies, Personal notes management, Personal Web sites, Photo albums, Collections, inventories and Genealogic trees.
FreeWIT manages all the technical stuff for you, and maintains the validity of all links, even when you move your information. You don’t have to maintain code : just modify your ideas, then rebuild the Web site.
- Graphical organization of ideas
- Instant preview of Web pages, and intuitive site browsing
- External data import (formatted texts, images, delimited data lists(records), database tables (ODBC))
- WYSIWYG text editing
- Multi document and multi views editing
- Capture of formatted text (coming from Internet pages and numerous softwares such as Word or Excel)
- Compilation and references to external documents and URLs
- Integration of images (locally or on the Internet), and multimedia contents(sound, video and image)
- Automated import of HTML documents, images and folders
- Auto import of any copy made in the Windows clipboard
- Automatic generation of consistent and full browsable Web sites with navigation menus,