Databases and emails do not always mix well, as you cannot always view or use important data from your database while working in an email client. Fortunately, there are software solutions to these problems, one of them being GeniusConnect.
The application allows you to synchronize Outlook files and folders, such as “Mail”, “Contact”, “Calendar” or “Journal” with most SQL databases that offer support for Open Database Connectivity (ODBC for short). Because the program is anOutlook add-on, it can only be used if you have Outlook installed on your computer.
Fast database connection
GeniusConnect can link Outlook folders and files with SQL tables, by matching file fields with rows and columns. The application works both ways as you can synchronize Outlook to SQL databases and vice versa, whilst having the option to define conflict resolution rules.
You can easily define data conversion to the closest type, as not all Outlook files are supported by SQL databases. Each Outlook folder can be linked to multiple databases, thus ensuring you that any reference to other tables is properly linked.
Furthermore, you can set the program to automatically synchronize Outlook and SQL items by scheduling the next updates. This is a handy feature, because you do not have to constantly synchronize files manually, as the application can do it for you.
Additionally, you can import or export folder mapping configurations, which would allow you to link certain SQL tables to folders fast, without having to manually create connections between each directory item and table column or row.
A powerful data synchronizing tool
GeniusConnect can help you synchronize your Outlook folders with a SQL database, in order to preserve data consistency. You can use it to safely backup or update data between your email accounts and databases.
GeniusConnect can synchronize Outlook folders with most SQL databases that offer support for ODBC.
A folder can be linked to a database table or view. You can use your own table structure and define conversions for columns with data type’s that are not compatible with Outlook fields. It is possible to use GeniusConnect on multiple Outlook folders and multiple databases.
GeniusConnect will turn Outlook into a more powerful information management tool through database connectivity!
- Link your own database schema:
- Select your database table or view and link the columns to outlook fields. Define data conversion (int to char, date to char etc.) and SQL statements for generation of the primary key.
- Load selected item(s):
- Load database data for selected outlook item(s) into the outlook folder and update the outlook item(s) data. The selected outlook item(s) will be updated only if a database record already exists.
- Store selected item(s):
- Store selected outlook item(s) data in the database. If a database record already exists, the data will be updated. If a database record doesn’t exist, a new record will be inserted.
- Load all items:
- Load all database records in the outlook folder. If a outlook item already exists, the data will be updated. If the outlook item doesn’t exist, a new outlook item will be inserted into the outlook folder.
- Store all items:
- Store all outlook items from the outlook folder in the database. If a database record already exists, the data will be updated. If a database record doesn’t exist, a new record will be inserted.
- Timestamp compare:
- This option enables last modification time compare.Based on the timestamp, GeniusConnect can decide direction of the update.
- Ignore private items:
- Ignore all outlook items that are marked as private.
- Never update Outlook items:
- Never update outlook items that already exists in the contact folder.
- Never update database items:
- Never update database data that already exists in the database.
- Delete Outlook items when an item is removed from the database:
- Delete Outlook items that are deleted from the database.
- Automatically load or store data based on schedulers.
- Link multiple folders:
- Every outlook folder can be linked to a different table(and/or database).
- Central database contains customer data in the customer table and supplier data in the supplier table.
- Link the contact folder “customers” to the customer table and the contact folder “suppliers” to the supplier table.
- Import/ Export link setting:
- Import or export information about link (mapping) between an Outlook field and database table field from/to a file.
- Administrator password:
- Configuration options can be protected by a password.
- Filter Rows:
- SQL where clause can be entered for every linked table.
- Specifies the condition for the rows returned by a query.
- Silent delete:
- Outlook items will be deleted without confirmation dialog.
- User-defined fields:
- Outlook User-defined fields can be linked to a table column.
- Auto Save on Outlook Item change:
- Save Outlook Item(s) to database immediately after a change has been made. New Items will be automatically inserted.
- Delete all Outlook Items before Load All:
- All Outlook Item(s) will be deleted before Load All action. Use this option to empty the folder before loading all items.
- Delete all Database Records before Store All:
- All records will be deleted before Store All action. Use this option to empty the database table before storing all items.
- Delete Database Record when Outlook Item deleted:
- Database record will be deleted immediately after Outlook Item has been deleted.
- Log info, warnings and errors to a file or Windows event log
- Html Body support:
- It is now possible to link the HTML body text, it is still possible to use the plain text body.
- Extern Scheduler:
- This option enables usage of external scheduler.
- Set sequence and direction for auto. synchronization per folder
- Basic support for Business Contact Manager Contacts
- (example .ini file included)
- Initial Sync:
- associate Database records with Outlook items before first Load/Store
- Support for identity (autoincrement) primary keys
- Automatic Folder Creation during Auto deployment
- support for multiple MS Exchange user Mailboxes in Outlook
- It is possible to sync multiple MS Exchange user accounts from one Outlook installation. Changes made by the users from their PC’s are automatically saved to the database (Auto Save option).
- Custom SQL commands:
- (stored procedure, SQL Batch etc..) for Insert, Update and Delete
- Dynamic parameter:
- Dynamic parameter(s) can be used in where filter or in custom SQL Commands for Insert, Update and Delete
- Auto. Load selected item’s
- Follow Outlook offline mode
- The actions will be recorded and executed immediately after you switch back to online state.
- Scheduled synchronization and auto load are blocked in offline mode.
- GCScheduler options-auto start/end Outlook
- ODBC File DSN support:
- File-based ODBC data sources can be shared among all users who have the same (network) drivers installed
- Attachments support:
- Outlook attachments can be mapped to a BLOB (binary large object) column or extracted to a folder
- Database change detection:
- Use custom SQL commands/stored procedures to detect changes in table data