iGetter is a software solution that can help you speed up the downloading process. This download manager sports an intuitive interface and many useful features for dealing with such a task.
Before running the application, you are asked to select the connection type, and if the application should integrate with Internet browsers.
You can add URL, name, comment, queue number, and specify the output destination where your downloaded files should be stored.
It features a site explorer that allows you to view web or FTP sites, provided that you have specified the URL. Since it integrates the FileAvenue.net web service, you can easily view the most popular downloads directly into the main window of the application.
iGetter supports batch processing, which means you can add multiple web page links to the list, and download the items simultaneously. You can also preview the content of the ZIP files before downloading them.
The program can be set to start the downloading process on the automatic mode, and also shows a history list with all the downloaded files. It is possible to start or stop the current download, and to schedule the downloading process.
It features a built in search option, that can help you search the queue, history list, or FileAvenue downloads library. The program also allows users to burn the completed downloads on a CD-R/W. Thanks to its speed limit feature, you can still navigate on your browser while downloading files.
To sum things up, iGetter proves to be a handy tool that bundles a decent pack of features for speeding up the downloading process. Thanks to its overall simplicity, the program surely appeals to beginners.
iGetter is a full featured application that functions as an easy to use and reliable download manager, while also featuring various accelerating aspects. With iGetter you can get the most out of your Internet connection (dial-up, wireless, cable, DSL, T1 etc.) and it’s is very easy to use. iGetter can greatly improve the speed of your downloads using segmented (accelerated) downloading.
In addition it allows auto resume on broken downloads, queue filtering by various criteria, scheduling downloads for low traffic periods, auto redial on broken connection, auto hang-up and shut down on completion, and much more.
- iGetter resumes broken downloads, checking date and size.
- iGetter supports Segmented (Accelerated) downloading. This basic feature of iGetter can greatly improve the speed of your downloads.
- iGetter supports HTTP and FTP protocols as well as HTTPS and FTP over SSL implicitly and explicitly.
- iGetter integrates with the FileAvenue.net web service. This feature allows the latest and most popular files of the FileAvenue.net downloads library to appear directly in iGetter.
- iGetter includes a Site Explorer that allows exploration of entire web or FTP sites, so you can easily find and download files you’re interested in. When the Site Explorer is used iGetter displays the web contents rendered in a separate view below the site tree. This makes the process of exploration very convenient as you see the web page directly in iGetter as you would with a web browser. When you reach the file or files you’re interested in downloading, you can easily add them to the iGetter queue.
- iGetter supports searching of file mirrors for additional acceleration of downloads.
- iGetter includes a Site Manager that allows limitation of the overall number of connections for particular servers.
- CD Burning – this feature allows you to burn completed downloads on a CD-R/W directly in iGetter. Function keeps track of all CD numbers, so you can easily find on which CD you have burned a particular download. (Requires Windows XP or above)
- iGetter analyzes every server response to prevent from damage to your file downloads.
- Automatic MD5 checksum calculation of completed downloads.
- iGetter integrates with Internet Browsers via a contextual menu for hyperlinks.
- iGetter integrates with Internet Browsers, by monitoring clicks of hyperlinks (using browser plugins technology).
- iGetter supports browser cookies. Now you can download from servers that require cookies from your computer like MP3.com or other services.
- iGetter supports the drag and drop technology and with its Target Icon you can easily download any dragable link or file with Internet location.
- iGetter supports monitoring of your clipboard for Internet addresses.
- iGetter can process all web page links for downloading in the queue.
- iGetter allows you to preview the contents of ‘zip’ compressed files before to download them.
- iGetter lets you organize your file downloads, and automatically downloads them.
- iGetter includes a history list for all finished downloads.
- iGetter includes search function with an option to search the queue, history list or FileAvenue downloads library. Results appear in separate groups.
- iGetter includes three types of queue filters that automatically show downloads in accordance with various criteria.
- With iGetter you can easily control every download job. You can start, pause or let iGetter automatically download your files.
- Its user-friendly interface offers you convenience and ease-of-use as you begin to download with iGetter.
- iGetter autodetects your connection to the Internet. It can automatically reconnect a PPP connection until all pending downloads are done.
- iGetter can schedule your downloads for low traffic periods (i.e. 4 in the morning).
- iGetter can Hang Up the PPP connection and Shut down the computer when all files in the queue are finished.
- iGetter lets you use a virus scanner program that you have on your computer to auto-scan downloaded files.
- iGetter has a fully preemptive multitasking engine using native Windows pthreads, which increases the performance of the application especially on multiprocessor systems.
- iGetter has a Speed Limit function which allows you to download files and still use your web browser without loss of performance.
- iGetter supports HTTP, Tunnel and FTP Proxies, and Socks Firewalls (4, 4a, 5).
- iGetter is developed using C/C++ with Microsoft Visual C++ .NET, which has resulted in an efficient, and responsive program.