Remove installed applications, browser toolbars and plugins, Windows Updates and Windows 10 apps, along with any leftover files, folders or registry entries
IObit Uninstaller is a pro-grade and free-to-use tool specialized in removing installed software. The main difference between it and the Windows classical “Add or Remove Programs” is that IObit intends to eliminate any leftover components that may remain on the disk after uninstallation, whether we are talking about files, empty folders, or invalid registry entries.
Remove programs, Windows updates, Windows 10 apps, and browser modules
Aside from applications, IObit sports a separate function for inspecting and removing toolbars and plugins from web browsers, offering support for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Opera. It can uninstall faulty Windows Updates too.
Windows 8 users will notice a third pane dedicated to removing Windows apps. There’s also a batch uninstall option that basically permits you to select multiple programs to swiftly eliminate them.
How it works with or without user intervention
The tool creates a system restore point as a backup measure, runs the default uninstaller of a program, scans the computer for leftover files and entries, and deletes them. However, apart from the default uninstaller, all these steps and file shredding are optional.
Worth mentioning is that, for some applications, IObit lists a “Quick install” option. This means that it won’t pop up any panels for user confirmation when proceeding with their removal. It’s also equipped with a “Forced Uninstaller” feature designed for removing otherwise stubborn software components, and for identifying the source of a file or folder.
Additional Windows tools
The utility features autostart and task managers which enable you to remove apps from the Windows autorun launch, as well as to terminate currently running processes. Moreover, an integrated cleanup utility is designed to find and remove invalid shortcuts, Windows patch cache, along with useless downloads from the default download folders of popular web browsers and download managers.
Overall, a terrific uninstaller for free
These were the highlight features of this programs uninstaller. IObit Uninstaller combines professional options in an attractive, well-organized and highly intuitive interface made for casual and power users alike (while keeping in mind that it’s free). Tasks are carried out rapidly while CPU and RAM consumption remains minimal.
- Cleaner & Smoother PC:
- You may notice your PC becomes slower as the years progress. Some causes are programs that can’t be removed, unused programs, and leftovers from uninstalled programs that pile up in the memory. IObit Uninstaller 6 can help you completely and quickly uninstall stubborn programs and their leftovers. Even the unwanted Apps in Windows 10 & Windows 8 can be easily removed.
- Less Problematic Windows Updates:
- IObit Uninstaller 6 can help users easily manage Windows Updates from the Windows Update tab. If any updates meet a compatibility problem, you can easily use IObit Uninstaller 6 to remove them quickly and completely. You can also create a system restore point in case anything unexpected happens.
- Faster & Safer Browsing:
- Annoying toolbars & plug-ins degrade your online browsing experience and invade your online privacy. IObit Uninstaller 6 is the best uninstaller tool for detecting and removing malicious & ad-based plug-ins to avoid them changing your homepage, tracking your activities, or making pop-up ads. IObit Uninstaller 6 also supports the removal of Microsoft Edge extensions for Windows 10 users.
- More Powerful Tools:
- IObit Uninstaller 6 also can auto-detect leftovers of programs uninstalled by third-party uninstallers and notify Powerful Scan to remove them thoroughly and quickly. Also Cleanup Residual in the Tools section of IObit Uninstaller 6 can help clean the files left by standard uninstall and