Efficiently organize your job-related daily activities with the help of this useful resource, staff and client scheduling application
As a manager or as a team-leader, managing your available human resources is never an easy task.
To your aid comes Job Designer, a complex program that aims to provide you with all the necessary tools to get the most out of your available resources.
Schedule jobs and tasks and easily organize your man power
In plain words, Job Designer is a managing application that helps you schedule services, events and tasks for your employees and equipment.
Other noteworthy features include the fact that Job Designer comes with recurring bookings and automatic conflict checking, therefore making things a lot easier and freeing your time even more.
Once you get to grips with it, you can generate invoices for individual jobs, per client and per project, create detailed reports on all items and assign user privileges to individual modules and features.
Easy installation process
Before you can actually benefit from Job Designer’s presence, you need to know that the application requires the installation of Job Designer Web Server.
So the thing to remember here is that when installing the application, do make sure that you provide the external component with enough access to run past your computer‘s firewalls.
Well-organized interface, but this does not mean it is easy to work with
The application comes with an intuitive user-interface, but there is no denying that it is a bit overcrowded. The main window of Job Designer does a good job of offering you quick access to the app’s main features.
Working with Job Designer mostly implies that you either use the contextual menu to add jobs and events or use the app’s toolbar. While almost everything is in sight, this is not a very easy application to work with, at least not in the initial stages when you need to get acquainted with its multiple menus.
Get a firm handle on the available human resources
Therefore, we warmly recommend that both novice and more advanced users read the app’s documentation before actually starting to use Job Designer.
As a final note, it may not be the most user-friendly application of this sort out there, but there is no denying that Job Designer comes with some strong features that recommend it for job and equipment scheduling purposes.
- Pentium 2
- 64 Mb RAM
LIMITATIONS IN THE UNREGISTERED VERSION
- 30 days trial
- Nag screen
- Network enabled multi-resource scheduling (Please note that networking is only available in the Client/Server version.)
- Scheduling is simplified with the side-by-side room, employee and equipment layout, making it possible to see available times and current entries/conflicts at a glance.
- Make visible notes on bookings in timeline view.
- Search functions.
- Special days (public holidays) for alternate invoicing options.
- Multiple Taxes.
- Budget and actual modes
- Backup and restore functions
- Customizable Colors.
- Fast user swapping
- Definable Day start and end times to facilitate overtime calculations.
- Additional user defined fields supplied for all items in database.
- Job Number Prefixes
- 12/24 Hour time formats
- Cancelled jobs can be hidden, clearing up the work area.
- Definable scheduling time-slots.