Use this reliable IDE plug-in in order to avoid the time spent redeploying your source code every time you make changes, reducing the development duration
JRebel is a powerful JVM Java Agent that you can integrate with the IDE of your choice or with application servers.
The tool enables you to import various classes in existing classloaders and can help you avoid redeployment when changing codes. Moreover, you can avoid building or rebuilding JARs, EARs or WARs to view the code changes.
Thus, JRebel can work with Tomcat, JBoss, EAP/Wildfly, Jetty, Weblogic, WebSphere, GlassFish or OSGi.
JRebel is a suitable solution for Java developers, allowing them to change the functionality of their apps by changing the code and refreshing the browser.
It can help avoid redeployment of the script and thus save a significant amount of time every day.
In other words, you do not need to rebuild your entire application if you wish to reload code changes.
Instead, you can simply use the compiler in your IDE and let JRebel reload the code into the JVM. You can use JRebel to load modules and build artifacts, with the proper source code script.
JRebel easily integrated with the IDE you are using and allows you to quickly resume your work by loading classes and static resources right from the workspace.
Moreover, the tool can work with a large variety of frameworks, including Spring, Java EE, Guice, Struts, Wicket, GWT, LifeRay or Hybris.
The tool allows you to save time, as well as computer resources, reducing the startup time overhead, the CPU and increase the PermGen settings.
You can even use JRebel to develop your apps in cloud environments with the suitable performance speed. The plugin sends only the compiled code modifications across servers so that you do not need to restart the process at the remote location.
NOTE: You need to register and obtain the serial key for activating the evaluation version.
- Compatible development platform
LIMITATIONS IN THE UNREGISTERED VERSION
- 14-day trial
- Changes to Class structure:
- Changes to method bodies
- Adding / removing Methods
- Adding / removing constructors
- Adding / removing fields
- Adding / removing classes
- Adding / removing annotations
- Changing static field value
- Adding / removing enum values
- Changing interfaces
- Replacing superclass
- Adding/removing implemented interfaces
- Instant Builds:
- Skip builds for WAR directories
- Skip builds for .WAR /.EAR class updates
- Skip builds for .WAR /.EAR resource updates
- Map multiple source dirs to one .WAR /.EAR target dir
- Map classes and resources with include/exclude patterns
- Map multiple source dirs with Ant-style patterns
- Use system properties to make mapping machine-independent
- Maven plugin
- Java EE Support:
- JSP EL changes
- JSP Scriptlet changes
- EJB 1.x session bean interface changes
- EJB 2.x session bean interface changes
- EJB 3.x session bean interface changes
- JSF changes (Mojarra)
- JPA changes (Hibernate, EclipseLink, TopLink, OpenJPA)
- CDI changes (Weld)
- Framework Support:
- Spring Framework 2.x or later
- JBoss Seam 2.x or later
- Google Guice
- Stripes 1.x or later
- Apache log4j 1.2.x or later
- Apache Struts 1.x
- Apache Struts 2.x or later
- Apache Tapestry4
- Apache Velocity
- Apache Wicket
- Proxy support:
- Misc support:
- Atlassian Confluence plugins
- Apache Felix
- Eclipse Equinox
- IntelliJ IDEA 7.x, 8.x plugins
- NetBeans plugins