Gain full control of your mobile phone from your PC and manage SMS, contacts list, as well as multimedia files with the help of this powerful application
MOBILedit! gets your mobile phone in touch with your computer in a simple and comfortable way. The program is able to accomplish a generous number of operations, including sending an SMS, email synchronization, contact management, etc.
Gain control of your mobile phone from your PC
The application comes in two editions: Lite, for home use and Forensic, for digital forensic investigations. The latter covers a much smaller user range, while the former is addressed to a larger category.
MOBILedit! Lite creates a connection between your PC and your mobile phone (be it a smart phone or one without an operating system) and allows you to control the mobile content directly from your workstation. This includes managing contacts, media files, documents and even sending SMS messages.
Establish connection through various methods
Installation is not difficult at all, and neither is usage, especially that the software’s friendly interface features large buttons that make it easy to navigate through functions.
Connections are achieved via three methods: cable, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi or InfraRed. There’s nothing complicated about this, since the application features an intuitive and easy-to-use connection creation wizard.
Create custom ringtones for your phone
Here’s a summary of the most important features of MOBILedit! Lite: you’ve got complete control of your phonebook (including printing), you can back up content to the computer or to the cloud, you have access to phone parameters (battery, signal, memory usage) and to speedy transfers. It also features a ringtone / video editor and possibilities to install various apps to the phone from the PC.
To sum it up
In conclusion, MOBILedit! Lite is a great interface between mobile phones and personal computers. It’s very user-friendly, no special skills are required in order to figure out its usage, and its impact on system resources is low. It is able to work with a huge set of phones, not to mention that each software update brings support for more models.
- Supports the following phone brands: Alcatel, Ericsson, Apple, Kyocera, LG, Mivvy, Motorola, Nokia, Panasonic, Philips, Sagem, Samsung, Sharp, Siemens, Sony Ericsson, Ubiquam, ZTC. Check if your cell phone is listed.
- CPU: Equal to Pentium 300 MHz or above
- RAM: 128MB or above
- HDD: 59MB or above
LIMITATIONS IN THE UNREGISTERED VERSION
- 7 days trial
- communication via infrared, Bluetooth or cable
- able to connect multiple mobile phones at one time and manage their data concurrently
- full phone and SIM card status information (including signal strength, battery status, current network operator, connection type, hardware and software revision, IMEI, etc.)
- ability to read selected data from the phone on demand (this refers to the fact that you needn’t read everything, you can pick the desired information to be displayed)
- file system enabling work with multi-media files stored in a phone like ringtones, photos, MP3’s, themes, and java applications
- a powerful editor for phonebooks stored in phones or SIM cards: multilevel undo, emphasizing all unsaved changes in phonebooks, intelligent differential write will save only changed items, intelligent phonebook synchronization for Sony Ericsson phones (if you change the content in the phone, just the differences are read into the phone instead of the whole phonebook, it is much much faster), support for structured items (more data for one contact, such as fax, more phones, email, address etc.), fulltext search across all contacts
- comfortable internationalization
- easy sorting and filtering of your contacts
- swap the first name for the last name with one click
- swapping contacts with drag&drop function
- drag&drop contacts between MOBILedit! and other programs like Word, Excel, etc.
- import and export of contacts
- online dial control from connected phones, also hang-up and busy
- handling of incoming calls through MOBILedit!
- full SMS management: send SMS messages, automatically stores them to Sent Items on the PC: send long SMS messages, handling of incoming SMS through MOBILedit!, automatic conversion of SMS characters into GSM compliant character set, sort, read, and archive your SMS messages on your hard drive
- Wizard helps beginners with general MOBILedit! Settings
- archive and AutoBack-up will protect your data in case you lose your phone
- multiple backups can be created for a single device and any of them can be restored when needed
- open interface – API and source codes available, all developers can support different phones and add applications to MOBILedit!
- smart-card and SIM readers supported via PC/SC standard
- direct SIM card operations via smart-card readers – full SIMedit! functionality
- complete MS Outlook support
- complete MS Outlook Express support
- transfer of contacts between MS Outlook and Outlook Express, you can easily migrate
- all paying users can download new drivers, applications and versions from the Internet
- synchronization of the time in phone with the PC: automatic mode or manually
- multi-language support through installable language packages
- online update system
- intelligent install/uninstall (you will not loose created data ith uninstall)
- customizable shortcuts in the Framework window for quick navigation in MOBILedit!
- skinnable design, skin creator available for free
- user definable sounds for different events
- user definable device names: you can assign names to phones, SIM cards or readers
- user definable Picture for phones
- chess game via SMS
- You can just click to anonymously register your phone in myphonesafe.com database, which helps to protect your phone from being stolen or sold.