Installing the package on the system is an easy job and does not require too much intervention from the user as dependencies are downloaded and installed automatically. However, at the end of the process it may require a computer restart in order to complete the process.
Among the features touted by the developer is the support for ultra HD (4K) video importing, editing, saving and playback; keep in mind that handling this sort of files is more demanding processing them requires a powerful machine.
The application window is simple, allowing a quick selection of the desired module or component. There is the possibility to import or capture content from various devices, edit it or export it to recordable media such as DVDs or Blu-ray discs.
Enrich projects with transition and PiP effects, burn them to a disc
Apart from preparing video content in order to remove unwanted frames and customizing the audio track, Nero Video offers the possibility to add transition effects from one movie or image to another as well as PiP (picture-in-picture) video thumbs.
Fast processing of the data is ensured by hardware acceleration capabilities that rely on the GPU power to carry out the job.
Nero Video also includes management capabilities for media files. It makes available a search function for quick finding specific files along with object tagging and the possibility to import from media libraries of other programs.
Disc authoring is also on the list of features, and the module provides options for creating disc menus from 2D and 3D templates. Burning capabilities support both DVD media and Blu-ray discs.
Easy to use media management and editing solution for the average user
Nero Video has been created as a full-blown solution for editing and processing media files for the average user and it manages to deliver sufficient functionality in this regard.
It does not take too long to learn the ropes and offers a user-friendly interface and a nice rack of options that can help achieve good results and learn the basics of video editing.
Nero Video is a comprehensive software solution that can help users capture, create, author or play videos as well as slideshows.
Your videos will become extraordinary movies with easy-to-advanced video editing features, drag-and-drop Picture-in-Picture effect templates, multi-track editing and customizable overlays and effects with full keyframe control.
Import video from digital stills, camera, Smartphones and camcorder to playback or edit on your PC.
Manage | Play
Everything you ever wanted to do with your media, from organizing to playback, to doing more with apps, is possible from one place.
Movies and photo slideshows will look their best with tools to help you edit and create show-stopping projects with ease.
Fully control authoring design and layout, enhanced navigation links, add additional graphic objects, texts, and more.
Add professional touches to your videos with hundreds of premium video and audio effects, templates, themes and clipart.
- Import Windows Live Movie Maker projects:
- Elevate your movie projects – Import and open Windows Live Movie Maker projects directly within Nero. Advanced technology lets you import the Windows Live Movie Maker files, then immediately begin enhancing the projects for a seamless editing experience. Use Nero’s Advanced Editing features to give your videos even more professional touch with keyframe control.
- Integrated Nero MediaBrowser:
- One-stop access from Media Library to your project – The all-new Nero MediaBrowser gives you a jump start on projects. From any project you can access your library of music, photos and videos with just one click. Drag-and-drop photos, videos or music files from Nero Kwik Media library into your project for a seamless editing experience.
- Express Video Editing:
- Slideshow perfection in minutes – Take your creativity to new heights with Express Storyboard Editing tools that result in amazing movies and slideshows in just minutes. Express video editing lets you easily trim, arrange and apply versatile effects such as Picture in Picture and overlay titles. Plus you can simply toggle to the Advanced Editing mode for full keyframe control with unlimited multi-track editing.
- Express Audio and Video Effect control:
- Cinema quality effects at your fingertips – Ordinary videos become extraordinary movies with tools that produce truly cinematic results. Drag-and-drop amazing videos effects, and customize it all with full keyframe control. Give your slideshows and videos the additional magic touch with premium creative audio and video effects that will transform your videos into theater-ready masterpieces in no time.
- Picture-in-Picture Effect Generator:
- Add pro touches with overlays and titles – Create professional-quality videos quickly with easy drag-and-drop Picture-in-Picture templates using the Picture-in-Picture Effect Generator. The convenient tool lets you edit amazing video effects into your projects and customize your overlays and effects within the multi-track timeline for full keyframe control.
- Advanced multi-track editing:
- Advanced Editing Mode for full control – Use the Advanced Editing mode to fine-tune projects using the unlimited multi-track timeline with full, versatile keyframe control. Apply unlimited overlays to the timeline using the drag-and-drop function, rearrange video and audio effects that add a cinema-style polished touch to your home videos.
- GPGPU Hardware Acceleration:
- Powerful publishing for your creations – For even more speed and optimization, there’s full support for all types of hardware-accelerated GPGPU graphics cards that make publishing your videos faster than ever. AVC encoding support for any graphics card vendor that supports these features: NVIDIA CUDA, AMD App Acceleration, Intel Media SDK.
- Flexible SmartEncoding:
- Speed up your High Definition output – Save tons of time when you output projects to file or disc with the help of Automatic SmartEncoding, now even available in flexible mode for tackling device file formats that are not so standard. Export your video to multiple format options; to video file, web, audio file, tape, disc, flash memory, and devices.