Portability advantages and clear-cut interface
Since the app can be immediately launched by just clicking its executable file, it can be backed up to a removable storage unit as well as run on any infected or suspicious PC without modifying file and registry settings.
Norman Malware Cleaner does not put emphasis on looks, sticking to a classical interface whose main options are split into multiple tabs for each access.
Three different scan methods
The application can verify the computer for malware in three ways: Full looks into all local drives for a thorough checkup, Quick verifies only popular hiding spots such as Program Files and the Windows directory, while Custom gives users the possibility to handpick the exact files, folders and drives to evaluate for suspicious activity.
Scanner configuration and other settings
It is possible to deactivate Norman from unpacking archives, running a pre- and post-scan, scanning the memory, looking for rootkits and fake av products, detecting potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), cleaning viruses and rookits, as well as quarantining objects before cleaning them.
Users may include files with various suspicion levels (the higher the level, the higher chance of detecting false positives), log all scanned objects, point out exclusions, manage the quarantine, as well as investigate the computer for malware using an advanced and risky scanner.
Performance and conclusion
Norman Malware Cleaner delivered good results concerning the virus detection ratio in our evaluation. However, it is very slow when analyzing heavily infected systems and uses significant resources during this time. Nevertheless, casual users are most likely to find Norman Malware Cleaner reliable when using it as a secondary line of defense against malware.
Norman Malware Cleaner is a Norman program designed to remove malware from your computer.
Note that it should not be used as a substitute for running normal proactive antivirus protection, but rather as a reactive tool to handle systems that are already infected.
By downloading and running Norman Malware Cleaner it will clean an infected system completely:
· kill running processes that are infcted
· remove infections from disk (including ActiveX components and browser helper objects)
· reveal and remove rootkits
· restore correct registry values
· remove references created by malware in hosts file
· remove windows firewall rules for malicious programs
This tool will not work in Windows Safe Mode. Please run Windows in Normal Mode.
- Easy to install and run
- Detect and Remove malware (viruses, Rootkit’s, FakeAV, worms and more)
- Utilize advanced Anti-Rootkit technology
- Quarantine module to process the detected files
- Deep scan and cleaning including Norman patented Norman SandBox technology
- Supports Quick- and Deep Scan mode
- New command line function for better tailor scanning across several machines (businesses)
- Daily signature updates available