Signature packanges containing the latest free virus databases for various Symantec antivirus software for both home and business use
Any security software is vulnerable if its virus signature database is not up-to-date, which might result in infections of the hosting system. Reputable antivirus and protection tools enclose a built-in definition updater to make sure users get the latest signatures, provided their PC is connected to the Internet.
However, even if an Internet connection is not available, having the signature database updated is a must. Specifically designed for such situations, Norton AntiVirus Virus Definitions deploys a package containing the latest virus signatures issued by Symantec, which can be manually installed for various security products.
You just have to make sure you get the right package for your system’s architecture (32 or 64-bit) and Symantec product version (see below).
The Symantec Intelligent Updater requires no user feedback, as you just have to launch it and wait for the definitions to be installed. Any available Symantec program is automatically recognized and a log file is created to store information about the definition update.
Advanced users can type the name of the installer in the command line, alongside ‘/?’ to get specific options for different Symantec programs, which enables them to avoid deploying all the updates.
What virus definition package do I need?
For external mirror 1 (x86) and 3 (x64):
· Norton AntiVirus / Norton Internet Security (later than 2012)
· Norton AntiVirus / Norton Internet Security 2008/2009/2010/2011/2012
· Norton 360 (later than 6.0)
· Norton 360 version 2.0/3.0/4.0/5.0/6.0
· Norton Security
· Norton Security with Backup
· Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1
· Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.2 and later
· Symantec Protection Engine 7.x for Windows
For external mirror 2 (x86):
· Norton AntiVirus / Norton Internet Security 2007
· Norton 360 version 1.0
· Symantec Mail Security for Domino v 7.x
· Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange (32-bit)
· Symantec Scan Engine 5.x for Windows
· Symantec AntiVirus for Caching/Messaging/NAS for Windows
For external mirror 4 (x64):
· Norton AntiVirus / Norton Internet Security 2007 for 64-bit OS only
· Norton 360 version 1.0 for 64-bit OS only