Password Manager XP Professional is a professional software utility capable of storing passwords to various accounts and applications. It comes bundled with advanced, yet intuitive options to meet the requirements of all user levels.
Toward the end of the installation procedure you can set the app to automatically launch on system startup and notify about expired passwords, as well as to integrate into web browsers.
The interface is user-friendly. Creating a new database requires you to fill in information regarding the database name, password and location, allowed users, encryption method (e.g. Blowfish, Rijndawl, Twofish), backup settings, and other parameters such as concurrent write access and logs with data changes.
Adding a new record to the database is very simple. All you have to do is specify details about the record entry, like title, icon, user and account name, URL and password. Advanced settings include date of creation, modification and expiration. Files may be attached.
Databases can be easily backed up to PMB files. Moreover, you can synchronize data to a remote database location, remove corrupt file attachments, import and export information to CSV and TXT files, edit and clone records, as well as customize fields to display in the main application window.
Other options let you view the action log of any entry, extract attachments, copy the password, user name, account or URL to the Clipboard, change user permissions, locate particular entries using a search function, install Password Manager XP Professional on a pen drive, as well as use a random password generator with filters.
As far as program settings are concerned, you can set the tool to start minimized, disable drag-and-drop for moving and copying objects, switch to another UI language, font and scaling level, remap hotkeys, opt out of web browsers when it comes to integration (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome) and edit form filling settings, and so on.
Password Manager XP Professional is low-demanding when it comes to CPU and RAM. It has a good response time and works well, without causing the OS to hang, crash or pop up error messages. All in all, this feature-rich application for storing passwords should satisfy all types of users.
Password Manager XP is a program that helps you to systematize any secret information stored on your PC. It will be your passwords and secrets keeper. Protect your private data with this password management utility.
Password Manager XP allows you to create several databases for storing your secret information. Each database has an access password and is encrypted with various algorithms at the same time (Blowfish, 3DES, Rijndael, Tea, Cast128, RC4, Serpent, Twofish). Password Manager XP is a security tool that allows you to protect your stored data.
Importantly, no temporary files are ever created, guaranteeing the encrypted data will never be intercepted. The blocks of information are cleared from the computer memory as soon as they are no longer needed. And if the program is left idle for a set period of time, it will automatically shut down, making sure no one gets access to any sensible information.
You can store data in different databases using your own passwords. Also, you can create passwords databases at shared resource and you can access them from multiple computers across the network.
Install to removable device Wizard will help you to install the Password Manager XP to the removable devices such a USB flash drives. It is easily integrated into Microsoft Internet Explorer. It helps you to surf the Web more safely. Password Manager XP has a built-in password generator with many adjustable functions.
Password Manager XP is ideal for workgroup use. The program lets several users get access to the password databases. Importantly, access rights and privileges can be regulated. All changes inside the database are logged, giving the system administrator complete control over the users’ actions.
Password Manager XP has a built-in customizable password generator. The program comes with a user-friendly interface that is easy to navigate and adjust. Password Manager XP is your personal Password Keeper!
- Exceptionally high security level:
- support of the following encryption algorithms (can be used together): Blowfish, 3DES, Rijndael, Tea, Cast128, RC4, Serpent, Twofish;
- no unencrypted temporary files ever created;
- memory blocks are cleared when no longer needed;
- built-in password generator;
- Multi-user environment support:
- support for multiple databases;
- ability to access passwords databases from multiple computers across the network;
- adjustable user privileges per given database;
- permissions can be set for folders or even individual records;
- concurrent write access to a database for multiple users;
- NT authentication support;
- logging of all data changes;
- users’ actions logging:
- Other features:
- database and folder fields can be fully customized. It is possible to add/modify/remove fields for individual folder or entire database;
- autofill & form filler functionality. Currently it works in Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Opera and most of ordinary Windows applications;
- Files can be attached to database records;
- support of system wide hotkeys;
- printing and ability to create custom print templates;
- ability to store passwords databases and the program itself on the removable devices such a USB flash drives;
- synchronization of databases.
- backup and restoring of passwords databases;
- export and import to/from CSV and TXT files;
- ability to check for the expired passwords on Windows start;
- program can be minimized to system tray;
- information sorting options;
- handy and easy adjustable interface;
- multilingual user interface (English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Swedish, Norwegian, Lithuanian, Chinese, Korean, Danish, Czech, Slovak, Slovenian, Hungarian, Greek, Croatian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Hebrew, Turkish, Farsi, Romanian, Russian, Ukrainian);
- XP themes support.