Free, open source archiver featuring volume spanning, authenticated encryption and compression in several formats. Supports 7Z, 7-Zip, ACE, ARJ, BZ2, CAB, CHM, CPIO, DEB, GZ, ISO, JAR, LHA/LZH, NSIS, OOo, PAQ/LPAQ, PEA, QUAD, RAR, RPM, split, TAR, Z, ZIP.
PeaZip is a free file and archive manager, based on solid and proven Open Source technology of 7-Zip for handling mainstream archive formats, and other great Open Source tools (like FreeARC, PAQ, UPX…) for supporting additional file formats and features, in order to provide an all purpose zip utility featuring a powerful unified GUI that, unlike most of other classic file archivers like i.e. WinZip and WinRar, is natively portable and cross-platform.
PeaZip is mainly written in Free Pascal, using Lazarus. It is free software, released under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License.
Supports 7Z, 7-Zip sfx, ACE, ARJ, BZ2, CAB, CHM, CPIO, DEB, GZ, ISO, JAR, LHA/LZH, NSIS, OOo, PAQ/LPAQ, PEA, QUAD, RAR, RPM, split, TAR, Z, ZIP.
- Updated to 7z 18.05
- patches CVE-2018-10115 vulnerability
- patches bug on some Windows 10 versions working incorrectly with Large memory pages
- improves performances
- Added new fast function for hinting possible duplicates
- Possible duplicates shows exactly same size, and same CRC32 calculated on sample(s) of file’s data
- For files up to 64 KB data it is sampled a 32 KB region at the beginning of the file
- For files larger than 64 KB a second 32KB region is sampled after the half of the file
- Added option to reset search history in search menu
- Various fixes and improvements
Extraction and Archiving
- New option “Try to edit non explicitly supported file types” in Options > Settings > Archive manager
- off by default in order to protect from modification files outside known supported extensions
- if on, allows to try to add/update and remove files form files not usually employed as archives, but structurally based on archive types such as Java jar, MS Office and OOo files, etc