Picture Information Extractor is a software tool developed specifically to help individuals view images as slideshows, edit them and their metadata, as well as generate reports.
The interface presents a modern and intuitive design, comprised of a menu bar, several shortcut buttons, a folder structure and various panels in which to display the contents of a directory, picture previews and tags. Aside from that, it is accessible to both novice and power users.
This utility enables you to inspect images in the built-in viewer, as well as a slideshow. You should know that in both cases you can use the arrow keys or the space bar in order to go to the previous or next photograph.
It is also possible to use a search function, go back of forward, cut, copy, paste, delete, rename, rotate, flip, crop and rate (on a scale from 1 to 5) pictures. Directory contents can be viewed as simple, detailed or metadata lists or as thumbnails, and they can be sorted according to name, size, type and modify or taken date.
The program integrates a renaming scheme, so that you can process multiple files at a time, according to your preferences. To be more exact, you can use a large number of information, such as date (year, month, day, hour, minutes, seconds), shutter, aperture, zoom, ISO and counter.
Editing metadata is also available, including EXIF, IPTC and GPS position tags. For example, you can append descriptions, copyright messages, artist and camera name, focal length, lens make and model, as well as assign keywords and categories, GPS latitude and longitude.
To sum up, Picture Information Extractor is an efficient piece of software, with a user-friendly UI, a feature-rich environment, good response time and minimal usage of CPU and memory.
Picture Information Extractor is a practical and simple to use application that enables users to sort their photos and extract camera information from them.
It obtains EXIF, XMP and IPTC information from JPG, TIFF and RAW files and makes it available in a convenient and welcoming interface.
One part of the metadata is standardized and contains information such as date and time the picture was taken, shutter speed and aperture etc. But a lot of information such as program mode, white balance settings or lens data, is stored in the Makernote block, which is proprietary and can usually only be read with special software from the camera maker.
If necessary, changes on EXIF or IPTC data are automatically reflected in the corresponding XMP tags. PIE is therefore fully compatible with Windows Explorer, Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom etc.
- Edit EXIF and IPTC metadata, add or delete tags, change date picture taken, lossless rotate and update embedded thumbnails, in single file and batch mode
- Geotagging of photos with interactive map
- Automatically rename picture files keyed to the date and time as well as other photo information
- Quick batch change of capture date and time, works with JPG and RAW formats.
- Allows to remove EXIF, IPTC and/or XMP headers from JPG-files.
- Very comfortable picture file manager. Move, copy, delete and rename picture files.
- Fast integrated picture viewer, naturally with image preloading, zooming and panning, as well as slide show features.
- Best way to download from memory card to your computer. It automatically creates a folder structure, moves or copies photos and videos, renames them as defined in the filename mask, and rotates photos taken in portrait mode.
- Support for PTP/MTP transfer, iPhone, iPad Support for Sony .ARW .SR2, Canon .CRW .CR2, Adobe .DNG, Epson .ERF, Kodak .DCR .KDC, Mamiya .MEF, Minolta .MRW, Nikon .NEF, Olympus .ORF, Pentax .PEF, Fuji .RAF, Generic .RAW.