A software that will allow you to create albums, collages, passport photos, as well as to print loads of pictures easily and fast
Pictures are nowadays used to personalize objects, web pages, create presentations for commercial products and more. With the help of image editing apps and proper export options you can gather multiple images and assemble them in collages, albums or slideshows, and this is exactly what PrintStation aims to accomplish.
Intuitive and visually appealing interface
Running the application brings up a pretty modern interface, with highly-intuitive panels that provide quick access to all areas of your computer, as well as individual images accompanied by a real time preview. What’s more, a full-screen slideshow is triggered at the press of a button to help you choose pictures for your project.
Navigation options make sure selection is easy, with the Windows context menu being at your disposal right in the application’s browser. Files are display in a custom manner, with options for lists, thumbnails or full details, with a slider that lets you zoom in an out for more comfort.
Use templates or create custom layouts
Once you’ve made up your mind and know what pictures to use, the next and final step is where all the work is done. Hitting the “Create Layout” button puts an impressive array of page layout and picture placement options.
The application comes equipped with several presets so that your selection of pictures is automatically distributed and quickly exported. However, you can take the time and manually go through all options, and even save profiles for later use.
Easy creation process and various export options
A side panel is home to all page specific configurations. Sliders and buttons give you the possibility to add or subtract rows and columns, define spacing between elements, toggle borders and shadow, add a custom background picture or logo, with all changes providing real time feedback.
There are no options dedicated to modifying the image itself, such as color sliders or cropping. What you can do is only arrange pictures according to your page layout. Moreover, you can zoom in on any image and move it in its corresponding box to emphasize certain aspects, rotate and a few more.
You can do this for every page or load other projects to modify. In terms of export options, the application lets you quickly print out your design, create a PDF document, or simply export an image file for further visual processing.
All in all, PrintStation lives up to expectations, with a well-designed and intuitive interface that quickly gets you up and running, as well as a decent amount of presets and customization options. The overall process runs smooth and although there aren’t any visual editing tools, you can take advantage of various viewers, slideshows and explorers to analyze each image and only pick the ones you need.
LIMITATIONS IN THE UNREGISTERED VERSION
- 15 days trial
- Quick and easy to use: Printing of multiple pictures in columns and rows
- Resize or multiply single pictures: Automatic sizing and positioning to fit within your selected print settings
- Full WYSIWYG preview of all the pages of images you have chosen to print
- Flexible labeling options: Define custom header and footer texts for pages and images
- Optionally show filename, file date, file time and other information above or under each image
- Picture preview: Preview of your images to select those required
- Very fast picture viewer with zooming and panning
- Cycle through the pictures (with PgUp/PgDown keys)
- Drag displayed text to your preferred screen position
- Chose pictures to print
- Move and Copy picture files per Drag&Drop: Drag from and into the PrintStation window (OLE Drag)
- Open pictures with your favorite editor (Double click or right button click)
- Supported file formats: JPEG, TIFF, PCX, DCX, BMP, DIB, PIC, PNG, GIF