Enhance your images and correct them in various ways, then print them using customized layouts, with this comprehensive application
Viewing and editing digital pictures through a dedicated application are common activities for many users and proof for this is the great number of dedicated programs that are available for these purposes. Among them, a specialized utility called Qimage Ultimate will make it possible for anyone to lad and modify images using a wide variety of functions.
Through a nice looking interface, this tool offers quick access to all its features, so you will be able to look at your photos, personalize and enhance them, or send them to an available printer. The main window consists of several areas which accommodate the file thumbnail previews, the folder tree and the print preview, with all the related adjustments at hand.
Right-clicking on any of the thumbs will reveal a comprehensive menu in which a plethora of actions are at your disposal. Thus, from image editing and file operations you can even go as far as to choose the hover operations, rate the selected pic or add it inside an album.
In order to change the appearance of a selected photo, you have a varied choice of predefined filters or you can create new ones and save them so they can be reused with other pictures. The editing module of Qimage Ultimate will enable you to make improvements to brightness, contrast or sharpness, define the saturation, white balance, resolution and auto-correct parameters as well.
The customization of the application’s running options can take a few minutes because there are many modifications that can be brought to the user interface, printing, logging, color management, 3D photo and RAW handling features, to name just a few.
All things considered, Qimage Ultimate offers a pretty good package insofar the functions are concerned, but the ease of use is somewhat diminished in many respects and less experienced users may have to spend some time to learn how to use it properly.
LIMITATIONS IN THE UNREGISTERED VERSION
- 14-day trial period
- A maximum of 4 images can be in the print queue at a time
- Nag screen
- Full color management for monitor, printer, and images
- Ability to print posters and print to image files for online printing
- Easily auto-arrange multiple prints with a variety of styles
- Vector, Pyramid interpolation for pro print quality/sharpness
- Latest “Hybrid” interpolation method: incredible quality/speed
- Individual color management settings on a print-by-print basis
- Automated job logging (jobs automatically saved for later recall)
- Batch conversion of multiple images
- Ability to quickly rate images with 1-5 rating
- Edit and search IPTC data
- Soft Proofing
- Raw image support for more than 300 cameras
- “Hybrid SE” interpolation method: smoother with no artifacts
- Organize photos using user defined photo albums
- Ability to tag prints with custom copyright/signature
- Ability to specify any size mirror borders/edges for canvas wraps
- Hyper printing: dual core/HT technology for faster printing
- Rulers and “snap” feature on full page editor
- Ability to define up to 100 print sizes (Lite/Pro limited to 10)
- New streamlined user interface
- Exclusive Fusion interpolation offers incredible print detail
- More accurate color engine for all ICC profiles
- New raw engine with auto-fill, HDR, highlight recovery, and more
- Lightning Raw: view, print, and edit raw photos instantly
- View, crop, and print 3D photos (MPO files) from 3D cameras
- Built in FlashPipe image downloader
- Tone targeted sharpening: selective sharpening
- High precision sizing/positioning in metric mode (0.1mm)
- EXIF data carried through to converted images
- Ability to tally paper/ink usage from job logs
- 100% netbook and tablet compatible
- Simple “codeless” registration and update process
- Fast track updates: the “latest and greatest” new features