The main window of the utility is very intuitive being the central place for working with SmartSVN Professional. You are able to view logged output from executed SVN commands, collect and display log information from the repository and analyze the local modifications of the currently selected file.
The program internally manages your SVN working copies in ‘SmartSVN projects’. These kinds of projects point to one or more SVN directories that contain names and settings attached to them, so each time you are working with the application, you are always working with a project no matter its size, name or configuration.
Using the ‘Import Into Repository’ option from the Project menu, you are able to create a completely new project and start working with your files and directories.
However, the utility shows one project at a time. Still, if you want to work with multiple projects, you can use the ‘New Project Window’ option from the Window menu, then choose whether to open an existing working copy, check out a new project from the repository or open a SmartSVN project.
Using SmartSVN Professional you are able to work with tags and branches as conveniently as if they were native Subversion features. Once you define the project repository locations, you can view all the available directories, performed changes and transactions. When you are required to switch to a different tag or branch, simply access the ‘Tag+Branch’ menu, which displays all information in a hierarchical order.
What’s more important is that you can use the application either as a standalone GUI or integrate it with Windows Explorer. This way, you are able to run all major commands within your favorite file manager.
Considering all of the above, SmartSVN Professional proves to be a steady solution when it comes to organize various directories, compare files and track them for changes, as well as control the access in a multi-user environment. It provides you with a clean presentation of all the commands and allows you to view all the performed changes right in the main window.
SmartSVN Professional has powerful features like built-in File Compare/Merge, Change Report or Tag and Branch handling, which make your daily work with Subversion as easy as possible. SmartSVN Professional is a tool that allows you to change tag and report.
SmartSVN Professional is the consequent successor of SmartCVS, which helps thousands of users to sail around the CVS cliffs. Don’t settle with simple GUI wrappers around the command line executable. Try out the easy-of-use and intelligent features of SmartSVN Professional, which works together with your Subversion server out of the box.
- Much better overview over all relevant data than any Explorer- or IDE-integration can provide
- No need to install separate applications (e.g. command line client, file compare tools), because it’s all-inclusive
- No need to learn command line options, just point and click instead of type
- Select tags and branches instead of type their long, error-prone URLs
- Save time because SmartSVN Professional automatically adds new or removes obsolete files
- Save time because SmartSVN Professional detects moved or renamed files
- Save time (and therefore money) in teaching new users because of SmartSVN’s intuitive and self-explainatory user interface
- You can choose your IDE indepedent of its Subversion support
- Use one tools on all your different platforms (e.g. Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Solaris)