When your computer breaks down, one of the first things you do is probably to call your tech-savvy friend and ask them to fix your PC. Since it is quite cumbersome to explain the errors via phone or via chat, it is best to provide them with first-hand access to your computer using TeamViewer Portable.
As it is a portable application, neither you nor your buddy need to actually install any software on your computers, yet a connection between the two PCs is created so that the friend can not only access, but also control your desktop and apps.
TeamViewer Portable basically relies on computer IDs and passwords that need to be entered so that a user can access a remote workstation. Once the connection is established, a wide range of actions can be performed, including switching sides with the connected PC, locking or rebooting it.
Additionally, the screen resolution can be easily adjusted and the wallpaper can be deactivated, which can come in handy if the Internet connection is not very powerful and it takes a long time for the user to access the remote desktop.
Another useful function of TeamViewer Portable is that it supports multiple simultaneous users connected to a PC, rather than restricting this to a single remote user. In other words, you can ask several of your friends to work together and repair whatever issues or crashes your PC might encounter.
It is also possible for them to transfer files, remotely print files, capture screenshots or record the desktop activity so as to get all the needed data to identify and fix the problem.
All in all, TeamViewer Portable is not only an intuitive application that can be of great use when it comes to remote connections, but it can also perform an array of additional functions that would otherwise require expert skills and extra software installed on the PC.
TeamViewer Portable addresses the needs of people who travel frequently and want to se TeamViewer froum a different PC, skipping from one computer to another.
TeamViewer Portable can be started directly from the USB stick, gets it’s licensing from an .ini file on the stick and does not leave any traces on the computer where you use it, e.g. no registry values are stored there.
NOTE: Free for non-commercial uses ONLY
- Remote Control without Installation:
- With TeamViewer you can remotely control any PC anywhere on the Internet. No installation is required, just run the application on both sides and connect – even through tight firewalls.
- Remote Presentation of Products, Solutions and Services:
- The second TeamViewer mode allows you to present your desktop to a partner. Show your demos, products and presentations over the Internet within seconds – live from your screen.
- File Transfer:
- TeamViewer comes with integrated file transfer that allows you to copy files and folders from and to a remote partner – which also works behind firewalls
- Works behind Firewalls:
- The major difficulties in using remote control software are firewalls and blocked ports, as well as NAT routing for local IP addresses.
- If you use TeamViewer you don’t have to worry about firewalls: TeamViewer will find a route to your partner.
- Highest Security Standard:
- TeamViewer is a very secure solution. The commercial TeamViewer versions feature completely secure data channels with key exchange and RC4 session encoding, the same security standard used by https/SSL.
- No Installation Required:
- To install TeamViewer no admin rights are required. Just run the software and off you go…
- High Performance:
- Optimized for connections over LANs AND the Internet, TeamViewer features automatic bandwidth-based quality selection for optimized use on any connection.