Files are not only at risk because of the abundance of malicious software lurking at every corner of the Internet. Accidental deletion is also a concern, but there are applications that can take a look into this issue. UFS Explorer RAID Recovery is one of them and promises to bring back files from beyond the recycle bin.
Can handle various storage devices
The application is not your average recovery tool, being dedicated to RAID systems and the possibility to construct virtual images, or even recover data from them. However, it also does a neat job at recovering data from any other hard disk drive or a connected external storage device.
Offers detailed info
The main window poses no accommodation problems whatsoever, with the upper toolbar being home to most major functions and triggers, while the rest of the space lets you quickly access and manage content. Drives, and partitions are displayed along with thorough details, such as the system type, sector and size.
Quick scan and easy file identification
You can use the application as a file explorer with an included HEX viewer for any file on your computer. However, in order to also have access to removed files you need to trigger a scan process. Before it is put in motion, a few settings are available to define search conditions, such as the file system type that can be NTFS, FAT32, HFS, adaptec UFS, or simply scan using IntelliRAW.
It only takes little time for the process to be completed and detected files can easily be identified because of the differently colored icons. Additionally, you can use an integrated search engine for an even faster approach.
A few last words
On an ending note, UFS Explorer RAID Recovery comes equipped with heavy technology to retrieve precious data you accidentally lost or because of faulty drives. It’s easy enough to use by anyone, and advanced users can even take advantage of building and managing virtual drives for more options.
- At least 1GB RAM;
- At least 20MB free disk space for software executable files;
LIMITATIONS IN THE UNREGISTERED VERSION
- The software can only copy files of size below 768KB
- Immediate data access for consistent file systems:
- The software allows to access data on all the supported file systems, including file systems stored on disk images, virtual disk, RAID storages and etc. with no need of prior scan.
- Support of disk images and virtual disks:
- Software allows to open disk images and virtual disks produced by virtual machines of leading virtualization software vendors (including VMware Player, VMware Workstation, Microsoft Virtual PC, Microsoft Hyper-V, Parallels Desktop etc.). The software operates virtual disks and disk image file exactly as if they are real disks and allows to access or recover lost data from disk images and virtual disks.
- Embedded RAID recovery:
- UFS Explorer RAID Recovery software supports virtual reconstruction of RAID system after controller or RAID metadata failure. This means software can virtually build a RAID and read files and folder from it like if it is a real RAID storage. The software can easily handle simple RAID configurations (such as stripe set – RAID level 0, Span, Mirror – RAID level 1) as well as complex RAID such as RAID 5 and RAID 6. The RAID-on-RAID feature allows to build RAID configurations of high complexity such as RAID 50, RAID 60 etc. Built-in support of Runtime Software Virtual Image Files allows to set up custom RAID configuration with different data distribution algorithms.