Unity 2018 introduces all new features that help teams of artists and developers build experiences together.
Powerful new tools, such as Timeline and Cinemachine, empower artists to create cinematic content and gameplay sequences without the need of an engineer. Creators can now spend more time doing, less time queueing.
For beginners, students and hobbyists who want to explore and get started with Unity. Completely free — no royalties, no credit card required You fully own any content you create
Everything you need to get started
Unity Personal is a great place for beginners and hobbyists to get started. It includes access to all core game engine features, continuous updates, beta releases, and all publishing platforms.
Move efficiently from prototyping to full production with a truly flexible editor and intuitive workflows supported by tons of tutorials and ready-made assets to guide your learning and development.
Work with the latest
Continuous updates allow you to develop with all the latest and most advanced features for high-end visuals, audio, animation, physics — everything you need to make any kind of game.
Build for all audiences
Target more devices more easily — with Unity, you can build once and deploy to the largest range of mobile, VR, desktop, Web, Console and TV platforms in the industry with a single click.
- XR: Update Vuforia to version 7.5.26.
- Android: Removed extraneous log message that could be confused with a failure, when one did not occur ‘Failed to load lib_burst_generated’. (1059752)
- Animation: Fixed tangent mode not enforced when changing keyframe in recording mode. (1097109)
- Asset Import: Fixed crash when importing an R16 texture as a normal map. (1105211)
- Build Pipeline: Fixed crash on AddBuildAssetInfoChecked when building project with scene that contains “Super Text Mesh” component. (1031313)
- Editor: Allow Application.targetFramerate to be used when Time.captureFrameRate is set. (1100116)
- Editor: Fixed issue with Menu items being enabled when modal windows are shown. (1093199)
- Editor: Removed close X button on dock area tabs. (1105463)
- Graphics: Fixed a legacy cubemap crash when its parameters are changed. (1038653)
- Graphics: Fixed against GPU driver assert for CopyTexture edge case. (1065883)
- Graphics: Fixed an issue where unbound UAVs in shaders would cause the Editor to crash. (988911, 1098906)
- Graphics: Fixed appdata not zero-initialized in domain shader causing compiler error about out parameter not being fully initialized.
- Graphics: Fixed edge/inside tesselation factors being improperly handled. (1065883)
- Graphics: Fixed shader translation of RWTexture2D. (1103036)
- Graphics: Fixed vertex/hull shader program translation into a tessellation compute kernel when there is no vertex input. (1086957)
- IL2CPP: Fixed crash when using StructLayout attribute and specifying a Pack value. (1099207)
- IL2CPP: Fixed not checking the managed thread id at thread creation time to prevent it from being overwritten if it has already been set. (1101331)
- iOS: Make “textures used in draw call” use our hash_set instead of std::set. (1061553)
- Prefabs: Fixed exceptions when right clicking on a nested Model Prefab and choosing Open Prefab Asset. It now shows the “Open Model” menu item instead like for non-nested models. (1102433, 1102759)
- Prefabs: Fixed not possible to revert and apply default override properties via the property context menu again, as in previous versions of Unity. (1104791)
- Prefabs: Fixed PrefabUtility.GetAddedGameObjects so it doesn’t return added GameObjects that are themselves under added GameObjects. This is consistent with what we show in the Overrides dropdown. (1104805)
- Prefabs: Fixed that after building a Player opening Prefab Mode fails with: ‘Could not detect a Prefab root after loading’. (1107035)
- SceneManager: Fixed editor crashing when creating a prefab of a GameObject whose parent’s prefab instance is missing. (1107518)
- Scripting: Editor: Fixed potential crash when deleting Assembly Definition Files (.asmdefs) in packages. (1101390)
- Scripting: Fixed extreme rarely crash in Component.GetComponentsInChildren. (1088900)
- Scripting: Fixed plugins explicitly referencing from Assembly Definitions. (1110434)
- Scripting Upgrade: Fixed crash when debugger invoked method with ref return. (1076527)
- Shaders: Fixed ComputeShader.SetTextureFromGlobal() to work with 3d textures. (1088840, 1104047)
- Shaders: Fixed Shader bundle does not rebuild when changing an included HLSL file. (1064917)
- Terrain: Fixed single pixel border artifact for height and collider after Undoing paint operation. (1104915)